Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remarked/ranted about the odd mpg/range/odo readout system in previous post(s), and I have noticed that lately when I fill up, or nearly fill up, the "mpg" section automatically reverts to: --- and then recovers with a new mpg "average". Previously, the first few months, it seemed like I had to re-set the mpg, if I chose to.

It's theCEO's car and I really shouldn't care about the fairly uninformative toy 'readout' section, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this? And I wonder how the "readout" sensed I filled, (or nearly filled), the tank? Weird...
No biggie, but they could have made that odo/mpg/range/time section very user friendly and more informative, for about 50Cts more cost, imo.
BR, mD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same thing on a loaner 2010 Santa Fe GLS - no matter what quantity added - 4 gals reset it both times. My new SE 3.5 still on original tank of fuel (Really new !!) - hope it does not do the same - Manual says it SHOULD reset only when does so by the operator - we'll see.

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE (motordavid @ Oct 18 2010, 07:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364340
I remarked/ranted about the odd mpg/range/odo readout system in previous post(s), and I have noticed that lately when I fill up, or nearly fill up, the "mpg" section automatically reverts to: --- and then recovers with a new mpg "average". Previously, the first few months, it seemed like I had to re-set the mpg, if I chose to.

It's theCEO's car and I really shouldn't care about the fairly uninformative toy 'readout' section, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this? And I wonder how the "readout" sensed I filled, (or nearly filled), the tank? Weird...
No biggie, but they could have made that odo/mpg/range/time section very user friendly and more informative, for about 50Cts more cost, imo.
BR, mD
Mine does the same thing, it has from the beginning, but what do the Koreans know? They don't even provide power to the auxiulary outlets when the car is shut off, odd. All these Hyundai vehicles have their own particular quirks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies...the weird thing is I know I did several fill-ups w/out resetting the mpg, and I don't recall that
readout re-setting itself; but, maybe this getting older is eroding my memory, lol!

I do recall being able to re-set the time/avg mph without it affecting mpg.

Re-reading the manual gives the impression that the mpg re-set is a driver function, and not automatic, but who knows.

I just wish it had some of the OBC display power/prowess our 9+ yr old BMW and, 8+ yr old Vette has, and it could have
been made very user friendly and informative for a couple bucks more per car. TheCEO loves it, and she doesn't care a bit
about the readout, so the whole Joint here is happy.
BR, mD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts