Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I just bought a hyundai elantra GT 2003 stick shift, and according to the kbb im supposed to get 27 mpg, but im actually getting 23, u may say well 4 mpg its not a bg deal but on a full tank its arround 50 miles, so i was wondering what s the average mpg u actually get, and if it is way higher than mine if you have any recoemndatiosn or ideas why my car is consuming so much,
thanks

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Your description begs more questions than answers.

How many miles do you have?
When was the timing belt last done?
Any idea of the tune up?
Fuel filter?
Air filter?
Any trouble codes?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I get 28 mpg average in the city. Everything is stock except for a drop-in K&N air filter. I went on a road trip once and mileage JUMPED to the 35-40 MPG range. Mine is a GLS with a 5-speed manual transmission.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
There is no "supposed to get"...

Way too many variables come into play.. engine temp speed, air in tires, state of tune, exhaust leaks, ox sensor function, fuel quality/alcohol content, driver habits

I drive a '89 Celica w/326,000+ miles, I get anywhere from 27-29.0 mpg, daily drive is interstate both ways, with 3 mile to highway in morning and 2 mile back on surface street when I exit highway..

Drove 2 Elantra (2010) models to Chicago, the car I had in July got something like 27, and the car I had last week ran 30.0mpg.. go figure

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2005 Hyundai GT 5speed manual gets 32-37mpg. I drive it 10 miles to work, 5 on interstate, 5 on 30mph roads/streets with little traffic. The 37mpg is on longer trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts