Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Sonata and am seeking others that have seen there Average MPG readout re-set while driving down the road. Dealership says its the first they have seen. I remember talking to one of there service guys a few months ago and he was saying that he has heard of it, unfortunatly he is no longger there. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

l am moving your post over to the sonata forum for a better response to your question

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
QUOTE (lake @ May 19 2010, 07:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324258
I have a 2009 Sonata and am seeking others that have seen there Average MPG readout re-set while driving down the road. Dealership says its the first they have seen. I remember talking to one of there service guys a few months ago and he was saying that he has heard of it, unfortunatly he is no longger there. Any help would be appreciated!
Only happens after filling car up with gas... has not happened on its own.

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE (lake @ May 19 2010, 08:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324258
Have had my 2009 Sonata since last June. Always resets by itself after a fill up. Last week was the first time it reset by itself while driving (had about 200mi. on the trip odometer since last reset and fill up). Strange. Waiting for it to happen again then I will contact dealer.

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
Having my '06 for more than 4 years now, NEVER SEEN ANYTHING RESETS BY ITSELF, driving or parking, or filling up with gas.... I can do a RESET whenever I want to, but automatically by itself??? Never....

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This reset on teh MPG computer is occuring while driving down the road. The dealership says it won't do anything until they see it happen. With it happening once a week or once everyother week, what are they going to do different if they "see" it??

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
Must be some kind of a computer fluke that would be very difficult to catch and fix.... Did you do any mods on your car? 'Cause if you did, that may explain your computer's weird behavior.... If no mods, the only thing I could suggest is resetting your computer. If the dealer refuses to do it and if it bothers you that much, disconnect the + cable from the battery, wait a few minutes and reconnect. This should be enough to reset it. But I can't guarrantee this is gonna solve your problem....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts