Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GT Gas mileage

What is everyone getting for gas mileage with your GT?

I seem to average around 7.1, which is around 30% city 70% highway. Highway ill pull around 6.4 driving with a little bit of care, 6.9ish driving 110 km/hour, not slowing much on hills etc.

Have seen as low as 5.4 but there was a decent amount of downhill in that and I drove very very carefully.

Care has 1700km on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i'm at just over 7300kms on my GT and I'm averaging between 7.2 and 7.6 l/100kms.

Seen it as low as 5.6/5.7 and as high as of 8.1/8.2.

80% highway driving but stop and go as both Hwy 401 and the DVP can be brutal.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What I also do, is use the trip counter and reset it every fill up - i'm averaging around 520kms per tank with about ~60kms distance to empty (according to the computer) before I fill up again.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Mine is doing about 25 mpg US around town and 36 mpg on the highway with normal mix of freeway speeds. At a completely steady 65 mph or so, it will touch 40 mpg. These numbers are a few mpg under the EPA estimates and consistent with what most are reporting on fuelly.com.

- Mark

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remember to do real time calculations, Hyundai computer can be really off from real world numbers.
I did a manual calculation a couple times, both times it came out very accurate, barely .1 off. Not bad overall.

All in all, fairly happy with the has mileage, I live in BC where it is mountainous so dont expect to get the rated 5, nor do I like to drive 90km down the highway.

·
Registered
297 Posts
So far my computer says 27.9 mpg at 1/2 tank. It's about 180 miles so far, so I know it will get better as time goes by. My 2012 Elantra GLS 6 speed manual was typically 32 to 33 around town and 38+ on the hwy. If the GT settles in at 29 and 35 I will be very happy.

Walt

·
Registered
537 Posts
on my trip computer it is saying 28mpg...and i am putting around 10 gallons in every 280-300 miles...so its close to 28-30 mpg.

But i drive up and down the mountain here in Vermont..about 100 miles per day. I took one highway trip and i got close to 36mpg over about 100 miles.

PS..this is one of the first times in my life, thinking that the US should switch and join the rest of the world on this new fancy "metric" system:)

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've been between 7.2 and 8.3 l/100 km. only have 1100 km on it and it's half highway (@ 95 kph) and half city in stop, crawl and go.
Nice to see all the Canucks on the forum. I think we'll outnumber the yanks as we've always been keener on hatchbacks than our southern brothers.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I filled up at 1/2 tank, 188 miles. Took 6.8 gallons for 27.3 mpg. The computer said 27.6. That is a LOT more accurate than the Elantra GLS was. 15.7 miles home and the computer is saying 34 mpg. I was driving super conservative and lucked out on a lot of lights. I would be very happy with 30 or 31 in real life:)

Walt

·
Registered
10 Posts
same here

Mine is doing about 25 mpg US around town and 36 mpg on the highway with normal mix of freeway speeds. At a completely steady 65 mph or so, it will touch 40 mpg. These numbers are a few mpg under the EPA estimates and consistent with what most are reporting on fuelly.com.

- Mark
That is consistent with my experience, although when I dialed it down to 67 on the interstate -- southern United States where the roads are rolling rather than hilly -- I was able to move up to 37-plus. During a tank of my normal interstate driving -- 9 or 10 miles over the limit and a bit faster to pass -- I averaged about 35.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I'm averaging about low to mid 30's on the highway and I always travel 10 over.
The MPG for this car was based on highway speeds of 55. The further you go above that range the steeper the mpg drops off because that 2.0L has to work hard.
You take a car like a Corvette and at 70mph its a little over idle and gets great MPG. Just don't touch the gas peddle.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How many gallons is the gas tank?

I just filled up the tank and the gauge displays 357 miles until empty. I thought it would be more than that? If I calculate a 12 gallon tank at the estimated city milage of 28, that comes out to 336 miles which is close to the 357 the gauge displays.

·
Registered
68 Posts
About 520 kms to a tank from fill to warning light. 7.1 to 7.6 fuel consumption
About the same here. Nowhere near the 5L/100KMs EPA rating. Then again, I never expected that, and this GT tends to see the same speeds as my old bimmer, so I can't fault the car. :D If I could keep my speed below 130KM/h, I'm sure I'd be getting better mileage. Maybe I need to get the steel plate in my right foot surgically removed. :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It seems when I fill up I normally only get about 10 or so gallons in. From what I can tell when the computer gets to "---" miles till empty there is still at least 1 to 2 gallons in there (easily). I'm guessing the trip to empty feature takes that same amount into consideration. Also, you will notice that the miles till empty will change as the computer learns your driving habits and about how many miles per tank you are getting.

1 - 20 of 483 Posts