Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (mayasonata @ Aug 20 2010, 10:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350691
looks like the gls headunit does not recognize mp3 disks....can anyone else confirm ?
As Jamie already said, the GLS does support MP3 discs, but its possible the brand of disc you are using might be giving it problems.

Make sure you are using a CD-R disc and not a CD-RW. You might want to try another brand of disc. Over the years, Ive found that some head units just do not like some brands of discs.

One type of disc Ive ALWAYS had luck in are the Black CD-Rs made by Memorex. Theyre a little more expensive, but theres something about the black plastic that makes them easier to read in head units that give other types of discs trouble.

·
Registered
268 Posts
QUOTE (mayasonata @ Aug 20 2010, 12:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350702
no way!! so your using a cdr with burned mp3's right ? any different settings on the headunit ?

looks like I'll have to take it into the dealer!
yup just a memorex CD-R with a bunch of mp3s burned on it

i dont think that theres any settings for it, when i put the CD in is just says "reading disk" and then just goes by itself.

like the other person said try using a different disk maybe its just a bad CD

·
Registered
854 Posts
who burns disks when you got a usb port!

Get with the times bro! Want me to install a tape player in your car while you're at it? lol jk! I do have some old mp3 cds that I like to play on occasions.

but yes my gls plays mp3 cds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts