Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have quite an extensive selection of songs on my mp3 player, yet when I plug it into the port, it only plays a select number of songs??? Just curious if the problem is with my mp3 player or is with the vehicle??? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
hmmm, that's odd. Are using the headphone jack to connect to the Sonata or are you using the USB cable? It could be the file format of your Mp3 player or how the folders are setup on the Mp3 player. You can use a 3.5mm male to male headphone cable to connect, but then you will not be able to control the song selection from the radio, you'll have to use the Mp3.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i would try encoding them. sometimes it might be a different mp3 codec the sonata cant read. use windows media player to transfer songs over and convert, it read wma's. also if the files are hidden.

·
Registered
713 Posts
What type of cable are you using to connect your MP3? I was told by my salesperson that if I didn't use the Hyundai MP3 cable (OEM) that certain functions may not work correctly. My car included the cable and I have no issues with mine. When I plug my iPod in, the Hyundai logo shows up on the iPod screen.

Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts