Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of a 2014 Sonata 2.0 Turbo and the first week of June my motor went out due to metal shavings in the engine. The dealership checked for this recall back in February and I was told it was all clear. Now while on a vacation road trip....my freaking engine goes out. My car was left at the dealership and I was told it would take a week...two at the most. It is now almost September and I STILL DON'T HAVE MY CAR!!! I'm being told that the engine is on back order. Does anyone else have this issue or know of someone in the same boat?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Turbo engine been on back order for months,, I want to say upward of 4 maybe.. we finally got a couple in from Hyundai Motor a few week ago, got rid of 1 that been sitting the longest

Regular 2.4 not any real problem to get,, just working car back into already made schedule is fun part

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I have a 2012. Mine was cleared on the initial inspection a few years ago. 2 weeks ago the engine went. I was told the 2.0s have been back ordered and the last car they did it took 83 days before they got an engine in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My cars at dealer for engine now, 2 weeks now... mines a 2.4 and they said est 4 weeks. They have a 2.0 car sitting there since may somthing they said

·
Registered
2 Posts
in the same boat

I am the owner of a 2014 Sonata 2.0 Turbo and the first week of June my motor went out due to metal shavings in the engine. The dealership checked for this recall back in February and I was told it was all clear. Now while on a vacation road trip....my freaking engine goes out. My car was left at the dealership and I was told it would take a week...two at the most. It is now almost September and I STILL DON'T HAVE MY CAR!!! I'm being told that the engine is on back order. Does anyone else have this issue or know of someone in the same boat?

My 2014 2.0T was also cleared and then started making noise last Thursday - Friday was told it was the engine and picked up a loaner car on Saturday. I've been informed the engine is back-ordered and it may take 3 months to get.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine made no noise at all just stopped, It cleared the recall saying it was not affected, I just hope the offer me a loaner I cannot be without a car. 141K miles Mobil 1 20w30 every 6k miles. most of the miles are highway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts