Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Im taking my next door neighbours x reg coupe for its mot today and buyin it if it passes! Few questions! There is a bit of creme in the oil, its been sitting in a garage for two years, can this be anythin other than the head gasket?! Im a bit nervous about it passing the emmisions test with it not being used for so long, what do you reckon? And finally she has lost or not received her log book for the car, but does have the new keeper supliment so i can tax it at least, but will it cost anythin to get a log book sent out?! Cheers guys n girls!

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
1, don't but the car until its passed its mot.................the creme in the valve cover may be nothing, it could be that the car has been used for short periods and the engine never got hot enough to burn away anty excess condensation, an oil and filter change may be all that it needs, you can tax the car with the green slip and apply to the dvla with the green slip for a new V5, its free

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the info dude! The dvla wanted to charge her for a new log book so im glad they wont charge me! Hope it passes the mot! The owner before her was on an hyundai forum. Not sure whice forum, but i know its been to demon tweaks and i think the performance has been tweaked too! God knows what he had done to it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts