Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's has had the least reliable Elantra, body style doesn't matter. I am curious to see what has gone wrong on these cars whether electrical or mechanical gremlins are more numerous.

I myself have had 3 things loose on the front end.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Only thing was very minor steering wheel peel at probably 10k miles. It annoyed me because it was the only thing wrong with my car.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
10 months and all that's been done was the replacement brake pads for the "crunchy" sounding ones under a free TSB repair, and the recall about the headliner. Nothing has failed. Just rolled over 10k. The car feels as solid as the day I got it, and rides better from the KYB's and rear sway bar.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Oh no, not another general gripe thread :rolleyes:

For a list of random, isolated issues see the list of threads. Here you can find anything you're looking for, from exploding engines to possessed seat belts. It's the internet after all.

For a list of common issues that an individual owner is likely to encounter, see the "sticky" topics at the top of the page. Peeling leather steering wheels... that's about it. The Elantra really is that good.

Beyond that, some common topics of discussion include:

- Concerns about engine noise (startup howling & rattling noises, and fuel injector ticking, are all somewhat normal on the Elantra)
- Comments about ride harshness/rear suspension
- How realistic the fuel economy ratings are for daily driving conditions

As for my Elantra, we've had no problems in 2.5 years of ownership. There is a slight knocking sound in the steering column when going over bumps, but that hasn't been looked at yet. In my experience with Hyundais the most common issues are minor clunks and bumps in the steering and suspension.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a gripe thread

To Don67. I just wanted to see a sampling of things people have had fixed. This isn't meant to be a bashing. If something get mentioned a lot people can feel assured they are not the only ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts