Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the other Zag.com thread, but it sank to the bottom of the forum, and I know people on here have used Zag, so my question is....

....If you get a quote on a car through Capitalone or American Express through Zag.com, do you have to finance the car through Capital One or American Express?

If not, then why isnt Zag.com more popular if just anyone can go there and get awesomely low quotes? How do they restrict who can use it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Apr 27 2010, 08:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317242
I posted this in the other Zag.com thread, but it sank to the bottom of the forum, and I know people on here have used Zag, so my question is....

....If you get a quote on a car through Capitalone or American Express through Zag.com, do you have to finance the car through Capital One or American Express?

If not, then why isnt Zag.com more popular if just anyone can go there and get awesomely low quotes? How do they restrict who can use it?
As far as I know Amex doesn't do auto loans.

However I bought through USAA/Zag and USAA does do auto loans and I did not have to finance through USAA. I financed with Hyundai.

·
Registered
110 Posts
zag is just a service provided by these sites (USAA, Amex, etc) to their customers or possibly anyone that visits their site.

I don't think there's any fee or obligation on the customer's part to the site they used to access zag.

USAA and the other sites that utilize zag do it as a service to attract and/or keep customers.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm a USAA member, and it made me log in through thier website (which means you have to be a member). I ended up not using it, as I'm going the Hyundai Circle route, but I suspect the others sites probably work the same way. I don't think just anybody can use zag directly.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. Thats kinda what I thought, but if you go to just ZAG.COM and read the "about Zag" and "how does it work" sections, it doesnt specify any requirements and I was just wondering! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts