Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Entourage Limited, having issues using back interior buttons or exterior door handles to open PSD. They work with a key fob or the driver control panel. The liftgate handle or button does not work either except with key fob or control panel. I pulled the shunt fuse out and pushed back in and everything seems to work for a little while and then it will stop again....shorting out? Where do I start?

·
Registered
114 Posts
What is a PSD?... some may be asking.

Please EDIT the thread title, it helps others.

When using aberrations don't assume.

PSD = Power Sliding Door

PS: By editing the thread title to reflect what the problem is, it may jog someone who's had that problem to respond.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have an 07 Entourage Limited, having issues using back interior buttons or exterior door handles to open PSD. They work with a key fob or the driver control panel. The liftgate handle or button does not work either except with key fob or control panel. I pulled the shunt fuse out and pushed back in and everything seems to work for a little while and then it will stop again....shorting out? Where do I start?
Where do I start?

KEEP IN MIND:
KIA built the Entourage, it's just a rebranded (2nd generation) KIA SEDONA.

KIA SEDONA 2006-2012
Hyundai 2007-2009

PARTS
=Buy thru KIA vs Hyundai.. Hyundai tacks a markup on the parts.
Example:
A/C Field Clutch (The part when energized causes A/C compressor to operate)
IIRC
Hyundai =$78.32
Kia= $43

PARTS: Tip, Search online for best price. Confirm if they are a authorized Hyundai /KIA dealer.
With list of parts you need in hand, to save shipping costs (In a round about way to get FREE SHIPPING) ask your local parts manager if he which match the price(s). He should match the price (As it increases his monthy sales quoto)... adding the parts to his weekly order means no shipping charges, but you will have to pay SALES TAX.
(Upside is on defective items you are dealing with local source, plus supporting your local dealer.)

SERVICING:
The Entourage didn't sell well IIRC 5k +17k for the (2) yrs Hyundai sold it, last yr 2009, vs the SEDONA sold better and was sold for a total of 6yrs, last yr 2012.

Due to such, KIA techs service proficiency should be at a much higher level than their Hyundai brothers.
(You can search my prior posts for my impression of the Hyundai service department (S) I interacted with... Long story short, incompetent, sloppy, screwed up literally everything they touched on 2 of the 3 dealers used.)

Ok, your problem.

First thing is to download a copy of BOTH the Hyundai and KIA factory service manuals.

Google "Hyundai Tech Info", and " Kia Tech info".. then create a account on each, download.

Why download BOTH versions, and or download KIA TSB's?
(TSB=Technical Service Bulletin)

KIA TSB's giving a different perspective (and are probably updated more.
Another reason to snag a copy of the KIA stuff is KIA "techs" see a whole lot more "Sedona's" than Hyundai techs do (or ever will) hence KIA gets more feedback from the techs in the field.

At least with the manuals, you'll having the wiring diagram, etc.

What do you do from there?

I wish someone who worked on SEDONA's /ENTOURGAES would post a listing of things they've seen go wrong on the PSD's...

If I had to guess...
By you saying removing the shunt /power to system reset the problem I would look at the (2) PSD control modules.
(I bet that if you opened up the controller modules you would find "bad solders")

With this said:
Car bought new or used?
Driven on "salted" roads, and or car during it' lifetime in "coastal" areas? (Salt in air)
Car ever in the "Body-shop"? Body shops (and or Stereo shops are notorious of screwing up /cutting up OEM wiring.
Car ever wrecked? (see above.)
SALVAGE title?
FLOOD Damaged (see above)
FYI: Cars that have been "underwater" usually get sold out of state so they don't get the dreaded "Salvage Title".

PS: POST BACK IN DETAIL WHAT THE FIX TURNS OUT TO BE.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm having this same issue - did you ever get the problem resolved?

If so, what fixed it?

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts