Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 4.6 2009 Genny and I noticed that on the 2010 there is 385 HP, that is 10 more HP then the 2009, I was told that it is in the programming? So How do I get the programming to add the additional HP? a Good Hyundai Mechanic said that it has not been released? does this make sense? if it is in the programming then I would say there is alot more that can be done with the V8. Does anyone have any thoughts??

·
Registered
26 Posts
It might be possible to add 10 HP with new software. Seems to be within the range of a software improvement. I am new to the Genesis camp, thus I cannot advise how or if ECU software can be upgraded.

·
Registered
54 Posts
QUOTE (drummer1 @ Jul 28 2010, 05:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345664
I own a 4.6 2009 Genny and I noticed that on the 2010 there is 385 HP, that is 10 more HP then the 2009, I was told that it is in the programming? So How do I get the programming to add the additional HP? a Good Hyundai Mechanic said that it has not been released? does this make sense? if it is in the programming then I would say there is a lot more that can be done with the V8. Does anyone have any thoughts??

You can definitely increase the HP output of a car by tweaking the on-board software but it has limits and is really dependent on how good of a programming/tuning was done from the factory. You can get an aftermarket performance chip that would attach to the cars ECU to further boost HP output. Unless your on the inside with a Hyundai mechanic who has access to their diagnostic tools/software etc.. I don't think you will be able to do much direct changes to the motors timings or air/fuel settings. The best I can suggest there is looking around on the web more and in these forums to see if anyone else has found out how to make adjustments to it.

Something as simple as a K&N air filter to replace the stock filter will bump you anywhere from 6-10 HP in the V8, if not a little more. A chip can give you another 20 (non aggressive settings) up to 50+ HP, but your going to severely decrease what gas mileage you do have if you push things to far. A chip giving you 20HP more is just tweaking out the air/fuel delivery to the engine and might even provide you with a better gas mileage depending on how screwy the settings are on the engine from the manufacturer. The TAU V8 is a very nice engine, so I would think the timings on it are pretty well adjusted to begin with.

You can also look to a better bolt on exhaust system for it that would be less restrictive then the stock unit. Just remember if you plan on selling this car again in the future I would suggest keeping your original exhaust to reattach at a later date. Look around on these forums for people doing exhaust adjustments, their V8's sound incredible once modified and will surely provide you with yet another horsepower boost.

Good Luck and let us know what you wind up doing :) :liebe011:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts