Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dipped my grill on my 2011 Sonata, came out AWESOME, I removed the grill wasn't too bad coming off, two to bolts to loosen the top of the bumper then 4 screw inside of the bumper (attaching the grill to the bumper) along with a couple clips. I wanted to leave the chrome H emblem on the grill, looked like if could come out, but just ended up taping it off, still came out excellent. My new tire came in the mail today too, had it mounted and balanced and all them balanced, since my tires sidewall got sliced had to get a new one, luckily I still have my OEM 16"s I put on until today.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380774526.921253.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380774539.781742.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380774568.763748.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380774593.812067.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380774608.013117.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380774624.756379.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380774636.515223.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380774650.593610.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380774676.054261.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Tom, it really wasn't hard at all, google 2011 sonata horn replacement, or search it on the forum. There's a good step by step on there to remove the grill, wasn't bad. There's two bolt needs to removed to loosen the upper front bumper (2 black dots in picture so approximate location) remove the 4,5 clips that go along the top of the grill, then stick your hand down behind the grill to remove the 4 screws holding the grill to the bumper(4 red dots show approximate locations) using a little nub screw driver works perfectly, then once all done, pull up and out there's a couple clips in the bumper to hold the grill in place. Learned this the hard way, I was about to start spraying the grill on the car after taping everything off lol, I forgot to put cardboard in front of the fan behind the grill, but couldn't get it in anywhere so all that tape was trashed lol, then figured out how to remove the grill. Best option came out perfect! ImageUploadedByAG Free1380810930.345326.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380810960.850674.jpg

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'm gonna try and do another or two coats on the roof this afternoon, try and get a better turn out, maybe spraying in a different pattern and avoid over spraying, or maybe do it in smaller sections to get the cleanest look possible. That's the before
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380811853.224759.jpg

·
Registered
210 Posts
pretty sweet man, you just gave me the go ahead to vinyl wrap my roof, i didnt know how it would look on the silver paint. ive only seen the grey and the white..

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pretty sweet man, you just gave me the go ahead to vinyl wrap my roof, i didnt know how it would look on the silver paint. ive only seen the grey and the white..
Thanks man, yeah I didn't know how it would look wrapped, so I dipped it. Yes I know I didn't get the best look out of it cause I didn't use a paint gun, but I'm happy with it, I may try to clean it up a little with another coat or something, but I love the look of my car, the roof the rims, the grill....

Never done thou, always more stuff I wanna do lol

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is my car after dipping. The gunmetal took a gallon and a quarter for 100% coverage. The white took 2 full gallons and I need more coats. Someone did mention that white was going to be hard, they were right. Still got some areas that need work. My first spray gun quit on me in the middle of the 3rd coat of the white, had to run to home depot and buy a new sprayer. The 2nd sprayer would drip and spit when it felt like it, I was so pissed. Overall 6/10 considering it was my first time.

Dipping - Imgur

·
Registered
90 Posts
Need to do the side mirrors black, would really add to the look. Not a huge fan of plastidip used in excess myself but definitely is nice to see what people do with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Need to do the side mirrors black, would really add to the look. Not a huge fan of plastidip used in excess myself but definitely is nice to see what people do with it.
That was the plan for the next day but I was so frustrated with the sprayers that I left it. When I got another full day, I'll hit the grill, wheel covers and mirrors.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts