Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 SF Ultimate 2.4L. I have driven 2,500 miles and love it, but am having trouble with the moonroof. It seems to rattle and is getting worse. Is this something I can fix myself? Anyone else run into this issue?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have something similar. I think it's the rubber seal rubbing when closed. I used to have a similar issue in my old Lexus; for that, I had to rub the seal with WD-40 every once in a while.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine does this too. I tried every trick in the book though I haven't tried WD-40. Does that work?

I brought it to the dealers attention and they said that they do have a notice in their system of this issue. They did some sort of maintenance by rubbing some application but within a day the rattle came back. It's extremely annoying especially seeing my friends that have the pano is completely silent.

Going to bring it to the dealers attention again when I go back.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would never use WD-40 on any rubber seal as it is known to deteriorate rubber. Instead you should use a silicone based lubricant. That being said, I have a 2019 SF and 2103 SF, both with moonroofs, never had a creak or rattle to this day.

J

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2019 SF Ultimate 2.4L. I have driven 2,500 miles and love it, but am having trouble with the moonroof. It seems to rattle and is getting worse. Is this something I can fix myself? Anyone else run into this issue?
This will work for several months before needing another treatment. I have used it three times in the past 10 months.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yep, everyone should remember WD-40 stands for Water Displacement Formula 40......it's not really a lubricant.
Well, if WD-40 is half your toolkit you have to expand its use. :)

If it moves and shouldn't? Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and should? WD-40.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well, if WD-40 is half your toolkit you have to expand its use. :)

If it moves and shouldn't? Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and should? WD-40.
Well, if the rattle is a result of unwanted movement, simply duct tape the roof shut. For extra measure, roll up a couple wads of duct tape, stuff one in each ear and enjoy the beauty of noise cancellation.

In all seriousness this is about a tight seal, Gummi Pflege is good stuff, although the applicator pad does come lose after time

Cheers
J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts