Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Side pis of my front plate. I think it looks sharp and is the same size as the plate/frame. It adds full support and doesn't flop all over as before with just the standard Hyundai two top screw mount installed. I have a few other front view pics, but I cant figure out how to blur the plate to post. ...

[attachment=19528:IMG_0082.JPG] [attachment=19529:IMG_0085.JPG]

[attachment=19532:IMG_0083___Copy.JPG]

This plate size holder has two lower hook tabs that come up nicely under the ft bumper air passage lip. It fits as tight as anything I could find and it is off a 2011 Z4. It may a little spendy for most, but looks, fit, support were high up on the list for this modification for me. Install time including lay out & dwelling about it, 5-10 minutes & four holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
QUOTE (snapper41 @ Jul 25 2010, 01:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344602
Side pis of my front plate. I think it looks sharp and is the same size as the plate/frame. It adds full support and doesn't flop all over as before with just the standard Hyundai two top screw mount installed. I have a few other front view pics, but I cant figure out how to blur the plate to post. ...

where did you buy that?

·
Registered
314 Posts
QUOTE (snapper41 @ Jul 25 2010, 02:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344602

Cnet has a number of great freeware image editors you can get...I use Pixia. Has a very easy too use user interface.

Here's another.... http://www.getpaint.net/

·
Registered
247 Posts
QUOTE (snapper41 @ Jul 25 2010, 01:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344602

[attachment=19532:IMG_0083___Copy.JPG]

This plate size holder has two lower hook tabs that come up nicely under the ft bumper air passage lip. It fits as tight as anything I could find and it is off a 2011 Z4. It may a little spendy for most, but looks, fit, support were high up on the list for this modification for me. Install time including lay out & dwelling about it, 5-10 minutes & four holes.
i bought the same one from pep boys yesterday, but it looks like the nails it comes with will poke through the car itself because it's really long.
should i get a chrome plate cover and a clear plastic shield with this? is that what you have there in the picture?

·
Registered
247 Posts
ah crap nevermind. you drilled extra 4 holes into your front bumper to install this thing.. gonna be returning what i bought

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nope... No plastic cover, just a dealership metal frame and plate.

AND ..Yes you can get away with just the two regular bumper holes if you want, It will just take a few extra minutes to confirm the location... Also the other two holes cannot be seen because they are drilled from the bottom up of the air flow area below the lower part of the plate.. This is for the two hook pins of the mount. I guess I can come up with an uninstalled pic tomorrow for a better visual explanation.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Luckily I'm in a Province that doesn't require front plates, keeps the front end looking sleek and clean.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I live in IL which requires front plates, but Ive gone 11 years without a front plate on my Trans Am (knocks on wood) without getting busted, so I am going to try my luck with the Sonata! :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
No plate here either. Why are you worried about showing your plate? Ummmm people see it everyday when you drive the **** car.

·
Registered
264 Posts
QUOTE (shinigami @ Jul 26 2010, 04:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344935
ah crap nevermind. you drilled extra 4 holes into your front bumper to install this thing.. gonna be returning what i bought
the 4 screws hold the plate to the black frame, they dont go into the bumper. use your original screws and holes to mount the bracket first, then the 4 included screws to put the plate on last. i used mini bolt cutters to clip the tips of the screws first, looked to me like it might reach through too. better safe than sorry

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Jul 27 2010, 08:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345140
No plate here either. Why are you worried about showing your plate? Ummmm people see it everyday when you drive the **** car.
I used to wonder about that too. I used the same logic as you did, that everyone that sees you on the road can see the plates too.

The reason though that people on Internet Forums may want to blur their plates is because many of us know more about the cars or the things done to a car than just some random person passing us on the highway.

Take someone like Ayces for example. We all know hes already done a lot of cool things to his car, and if someone was malicious enough to want to seek him out, using his license plates would be a good way to do that. For everyone in his town, they just see a Korean car with nice wheels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts