Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone has a reasonable fix for getting the moisture out of a headlight.

I have seen the air gun method that takes about an hour to clear the light. That techniquie requires a very large compressor and drier. I am lacking both.

Id prefer a method that doesnt require removing the housing if possible.

Also, does anyone have any pictures of those before and after on those really expansive silverstar bulbs installed? The OEM halogens are kinda yellowish, rather than bright white. And quality HID kits are too expensive.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i just noticed mine last month had moisture in it. was wondering if its covered by warranty at all. they are the stock ones.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine also gets some moisture inside but it goes away after a while. I noticed that the headlamp has a silica desiccator bag inside. Maybe that has to be changed periodically, the manual doesn't say anything about that.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You cannot remove that silica packet without disassembling the headlight. I noticed it to with the retrofit I did a little while ago. There are small ventilation hoses that point towards the ground, I'm assuming to allow a small amount of airflow in and out of the headlamp. Some condensation is normal

From what I have been told previously, the reason there is moisture inside the housing is if you go from for example driving at night (which requires the headlights on) on a cold night, the sudden drop in temp when you switch the lights off causes this. It will not do any damage and a few minutes of driving in the sun or with the lights on will fix the issue.

If you are concerned there may be a crack allowing in more moisture than normal, talk to your dealer about it and of course take photos of what's happening so they can see it because you can guarantee that it will never happen when you go to show them.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Moisture is normal in the headlight. Water pooling is not. Fogginess is NOT covered by warranty and will go away. Water pooling should be covered (save for getting into an accident or having a foreign object hit it).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had moisture in the passenger side headlight. The dealership replaced it for free around...13,000 miles, I think? But the issue wasn't fixed so I brought it in around 16,000 miles and it was replaced (again) and resolved under warranty.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i have moister on mine new headlights too. but thats because i dropped it while installing it. first of all i did the heatgun and i got way to close and now i did more damaged. so not like if i could cover the cracks and dry it now because the heatgun damaged it more. ONE THING THAT DID WORK was leaving the headlight facing the sun. it dried it completely until i washed my car then i saw it again. i could of swarn i supper-glued the cracks. but then again, im not a professional. Remember this are not the stock headlights i have on.

·
Registered
648 Posts
My humble theory is, that the moisture was formed because the signal bulb seal is poor. It allow the humidity entry to the headlamp.
Why ? i removed it and note the seal is wet, with some hot this wet transform on moisture
Check your seal and look at

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took my car to the dealership today and showed them. I was told due to having just bought my car, and it sitting on the lot for a long time, I needed to try to give it time to self clear.

In a week they would replace it if it was still dripping wet on the inside.

Ill tell them to check the seal, and igf necessary add some RTV to it on install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts