Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. What a great site and a wealth of information which I am hoping will answer any questions that may crop up.

I am about to collect our new Santa Fe Manual 2.2 Diesel Premium from dealer on Saturday :banana:

I have been looking on internet for accessories such as mats, wind deflectors, rear load cover, tow bar etc but have got a little confused on model years. Alot of items show "06 on" which I guessed would include 2010MY. However I have also seen some showing as "2010 on".

Was 2010MY just a minor facelift or have there been some major changes from the previous years.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Many thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Though it was a face lift, there are some differences, some because standard parts have been discontinued in the 2010 model year and 'cosmetics' have caused side steps to be modified. The diesel variant is not sold in North America, and the cars there are US built not Korean as for the UK, this sometimes causes problems buying from US sites apart from the obvious the steering wheel is not on the right side, lots of other bits are mirror images. The rear seating split is opposite to 5 seat UK split, as is the 7 seat split, I know the 7 & 5 seat splits in the UK are opposite to each other but maybe not in the US.
Ryming slang is not fully understood on this site and can be construed as being offensive to a dealer. Check for mods at http://www.hyundaiownersclub.co.uk/forum/v...pic.php?id=3282 and other topics regarding differences. Noosante and Andy-G are quite up on the differences

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help Dartman. I guess I just need to be careful with each accessory and see if anything has changed for 2010 MY.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
The 2010 Santa Fe diesel has a few minor cosmetic changes - but also has a totally new engine/transmission and revised suspension settings.

The "R" series diesel engine is all-aluminium, chain cam instead of belt with a balancer shaft for smoothness. Power and torque are substantially increased over the old 2.2 diesel while emissions and fuel consumption are lower.

The transmissions are 6-speed for both manual and automatic.

The suspension settings are revised to give much less roll and pitch - the CM Santa Fe was always good off-road but is now a lot more capable on-road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts