Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, i'm a newbie Tucson owner after 8 happy years with the first generation Tiguan and i must say that this vehicle is really nice. I'm interested in some mods as i did many others on my Tig, one of the very first will be changing the stock steering wheel with the D-Cut steering wheel which comes in the new Elantra Sport and the hybrid Ioniq.

Having such things like this was easier in VAG group with the help of forums worldwide but I could not find any decent information in Kia/Hyundai group yet. I had to change the controle modul operating the steering wheel buttons on my Tiguan as the old and new wheels had totally diffirent number and layout of buttons but i see that Hyundai's ordinary and the sport steering wheels have the same button design and layouts so i have a strong feeling that it may even work 'plug&play' after a simple coding unless the airbag unit makes a problem. I need the part code of the sport steering wheel in the new Elantra Sport (without paddle shifters, without heating, without voice recognition, with cruise control) and opinions about compatibility of this mod on a Tucson. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here are some photos of my vehicle and additional photos regarding my request.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Doubt anyone has tried it, you should take your wheel off and take measurements of the spline and see if that’ll work. The rest would be programming

1 - 2 of 2 Posts