Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting for a few months and finally the 2014 LED kits came out from Exled studio This is better than aftermarket LED light and it has The bright led aluminum circuit boards with COB LED allows this. (.6 watt each)
My plan is to:
1. Combine Parking light + break light + turn signal light all light all in one.
2. Take off yellow turn signal bulbs and change it to reverse light.
3. Maybe on side marker, add LED for parking light and turn signal tail light.
2. Build in resistors in both side
3. Tint with film.
Check out Exled studio video is cool my will look like first pic.:banana::banana::banana:

·
22,793 Posts
Lou, you never cease to amaze me! Unbelievable. That's what I call "outside the globe, not just the box, thinking." Again, unbelievable... :eek:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Im having **** trying to splice some wires and your building head lights and tail lights :wacko::unsure::blink:

Look forward to seeing the finished product!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Always eager to see your projects.

·
22,793 Posts
Im having **** trying to splice some wires and your building head lights and tail lights :wacko::unsure::blink:

Look forward to seeing the finished product!
Don't let it bother you... Do like the rest of us and enjoy the beauty of it all. Lou's projects are so technologically advanced he scares the OEM's.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wow Lou, nice find. I'm tempted to pick these up as I haven't done a mod in a while.
On a side note, holy crap! Okie Rich = Walter White with hair??

·
22,793 Posts
LMAO!!!! :laughing: Feeling the love, bro... :wink2:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Lou, these taillights look AMAZING. And the pictures at the website show the huge difference from the non led taillights. But I looked at the install pictures and it is complicated. Any ideas where I could find a finished set, or can you PM or post your price if you are planing to sell them to the masses?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
thats a pretty decent kit to pick up to make a drastic change for a low budget! very very reasonably priced! I'll add it to my potential list too (after coil overs though)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Louice is a great man. It's my pleasure to know him. I have learned a lot about our Elantra from him in just one visit. I always admired what he does on cars especially on Elantra.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lou, will this kit work on the 13? or do I have to get the 14 lights, and the kit?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys for all comments.
Mod headlights easy to open with heat gun wiring (DRL) and alignment a lot of work.
Mod tail light hard to cut open and close wiring is easy.
This led kits from Exled studio will work with 2014 tail light only but tail light will be fit 2011-14
I think led tail lights will be on top market for long time, 6 months on the road price will be cheaper.
More pic and video are coming

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All most done waiting on led from Exled shop for side marker + turn signal all in one wiring next for break light + turn signal no more yellow turn signal
Turn signal spot change to reverse so I will have 2 revers on each side.
Parking light

Break light

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
All most done waiting on led from Exled shop for side marker + turn signal all in one wiring next for break light + turn signal no more yellow turn signal
Turn signal spot change to reverse so I will have 2 revers on each side.
Parking light

Break light
so lou, this is just a conversion kit for the 2013 brake lights? or is it a mod for the 2014 brake light assembly to change to LED?

I know the 2014 assembly is a little difference, but they should fit the 2013 model.

let us know. I wouldnt mind adding this to the list of things to do.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so lou, this is just a conversion kit for the 2013 brake lights? or is it a mod for the 2014 brake light assembly to change to LED?

I know the 2014 assembly is a little difference, but they should fit the 2013 model.

let us know. I wouldnt mind adding this to the list of things to do.
This kits for 2014 only assembly different than anther but 2014 will fit 2011-14.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Hey Lou,
If you don't mind me asking, how did you take apart the tail lights. I realize the ones you got is aftermarket but supposing the stocks comes apart the same way.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Lou,
If you don't mind me asking, how did you take apart the tail lights. I realize the ones you got is aftermarket but supposing the stocks comes apart the same way.
Exled used soldering knife tip I got the same it take long time because soldering only 35W. Need 50-80W kits.
Better way to cut open use Dremel with diamond wheel cut speed No. 20-15 and use soldering knife tip to seal it back together.
I bought new 2014 OEM tail light for this project.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts