Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 6 liters of Mobil 1 Turbo diesel 0W-40 in the UK and had my oil changed in Romania. Unfortunately I was 1 liter short. Here the only similar oil I can get is Mobil 1 New Life 0W-40.

Is it ok to mix them, the spec's look are similar?

I was told by one shop, to always check the expiry date as oil is being dumped in some countries! In my ignorance I was not aware that there was an expiry date.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Yes you can mix oils without worry even mix viscosities without worry. ie: 0W30 with 0W40 etc. No harm. I do not believe expiration dates are on the containers as yet, there is a bottling date stamped on the container and I believe oil is fine in the 3-5 year old range. You are fine, only 1 liter was mixed

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I am sure many people are confused regarding this subject.

·
22,793 Posts
I bought 6 liters of Mobil 1 Turbo diesel 0W-40 in the UK and had my oil changed in Romania. Unfortunately I was 1 liter short. Here the only similar oil I can get is Mobil 1 New Life 0W-40.
Is Mobil 1 New Life 0W-40 "diesel" compatible? You didn't mention if it was, or not. And since I am not "diesel savvy," I don't know if it matters, or not. My eye just happened to "zero in" on that part of your post's comment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have just been on Mobil's website and they claim the following:

Mobil 1 New Life 0W-40

Thanks to extensive cooperative development work with major manufacturers and the application of the latest lubrication technology, Mobil 1 New Life 0W-40 is recommended for virtually all types of modern vehicles where it will help provide unsurpassed performance even under very demanding driving conditions, from mild to severe.
Latest engine technologies including Turbo-chargers, Direct
Injection, Diesels and Hybrids
High Performance Engines
Helps to extend Oil Drain
Nearly all operating conditions, from mild to extreme

I guess that answers the question

·
Registered
48 Posts
yep its a big ol sump! I bought Halfords own fully synthetic 5w 40 for £9 per 4 litre, got 4 of them so that's the next 2 changes covered, mann filters from gsf for peanuts too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts