Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i don't have the manual of the 95 Sonata and there is this button I don't know what is it for. Its near the shifter (is that the word? sorry, i don't speak much english). A big black button that says: P Ect N or something like that <_< . I hope someone can help me. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by javierrpaiva@Oct 4 2004, 02:40 PM
hi, i don't have the manual of the 95 Sonata and there is this button I don't know what is it for. Its near the shifter (is that the word? sorry, i don't speak much english). A big black button that says: P Ect N or something like that  <_< . I hope someone can help me. thanks
[snapback]1445[/snapback]​

Thats the power/normal button for the automatic gearbox.
It doesn't magically give you extra horsepower, but when you switch to power, it holds it in each gear a bit longer before changing up and changes down a bit sooner (or at a lower revs). Used mainly when you have a heavy load (ie extra passengers) or towing a trailer. Hope this helps.
eellau

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by eellau@Oct 31 2004, 07:37 PM
Thats the power/normal button for the automatic gearbox.
It doesn't magically give you extra horsepower, but when you switch to power, it holds it in each gear a bit longer before changing up and changes down a bit sooner (or at a lower revs). Used mainly when you have a heavy load (ie extra passengers) or towing a trailer. Hope this helps.
eellau
[snapback]2215[/snapback]​

Hi, thanks for the answer. Wouldn't putting the button in P slow me down, since it holds the gear longer? I don't usually have heavy loads in my car; if i want the gearbox to help me accelerate (a problem in automatic trannies), i would use the switch in the N position, right? (I hope i got this right)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts