Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: I am seeking a chrome moulding for a 2003 Sonata. It sits above the right rear door--on the roof system, but surrounds the window. Make sense?

So far, the only method of locating this is through Hynudai--$322---don't want to do that. Any ideas? Thanks ALH

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine (Driver's side rear) came loose, and I taped it. At one point I slide something along the roof while loading, and I cut my finger so badly I thought I would have to get stitches. Perhaps an anomaly, but I would treat it with the respect due a straightrazor or linoleum knife. I meant to talk to a body shop about....gluing?...it back on, but wound up giving up on the car. If you're near upstate NY, I could probably hook you up...otherwise, I think a junkyard (or an entire parts car-think of the possibilities!) is your best bet. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello: I am seeking a chrome moulding for a 2003 Sonata. It sits above the right rear door--on the roof system, but surrounds the window. Make sense?

So far, the only method of locating this is through Hynudai--$322---don't want to do that. Any ideas? Thanks ALH
This piece came off on both sides on my 05 sonata when I had the car detailed several years ago. They tried to charge me the same price since they tried to go through the dealership but after jumping through way too many hoops they did end up paying for it. If you haven't found the part for cheaper my advice would be to try and go to a pick and pull junk yard and find one yourself. Cost a about quarter the price for both of the,.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts