Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my new 2010 Sonata, there does not seem to be a headlight adjustment screw. Where the manual shows a Philips screwdriver inserting, there just ain't no screw - just flat plastic on top of the black octagonal bolt.

Am I totally dumb, or is it impossible to adjust the latest composite assembly?

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums harry :00000732:

l am moving your post over to the sonata forum for a better response

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
[attachment=21128:imag0008tjf.jpg]may be this will help

Lift hood and look on top of the headlight assembly.

Look closely above the light near the fender area and you will see a small hole.
Beside and on each side of this hole there is a L (left) or R (right) written on the housing.

Insert a long flat point (regular) screw driver in this hole and turn the wheel (gear) to the side you want the light to move to, either left or right.

To adjust the headlights up or down, look above the headlights not far from the radiator and you will see a U (up) and D (down) also written on the housing.

Look behind the headlights and you will see a small black wheel. This is what you must turn to have the headlights move up or down.
This wheel can be turn by hand with your fingers. No screw driver is required.

This is for your information in case you have to correct the headlights alignment.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, but I do not have any of these markings, or an adjustment wheel. There must have been a design change for the 2010 model.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Use a Phillips head screwdriver where the red is highlighted in the attached picture.
Insert into and turn which also turns the wheel on the bottom.

This is a 2009 headlight which is the same as yours.

[attachment=21159:IMAG0010.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got it. I was at the right spot, but didn't see any screw head. But the wheel does turn, without a screw head! My dumb. Thanks for the advice, and the patience with a dumb newbie.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Montego @ Nov 5 2010, 10:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369235
[attachment=21128:imag0008tjf.jpg]may be this will help

Lift hood and look on top of the headlight assembly.

Look closely above the light near the fender area and you will see a small hole.
Beside and on each side of this hole there is a L (left) or R (right) written on the housing.

Insert a long flat point (regular) screw driver in this hole and turn the wheel (gear) to the side you want the light to move to, either left or right.

To adjust the headlights up or down, look above the headlights not far from the radiator and you will see a U (up) and D (down) also written on the housing.

Look behind the headlights and you will see a small black wheel. This is what you must turn to have the headlights move up or down.
This wheel can be turn by hand with your fingers. No screw driver is required.

This is for your information in case you have to correct the headlights alignment.
Hey, sorry, new to this all as well. Just got burned by getting H7's instead of H11b's. My headlights just seem way too low. I've tried to look at the pics and still cannot see where the UP/DOWN wheel is. Could you please advise? Maybe a pic? Much appreciated....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Use a Phillips head screwdriver where the red is highlighted in the attached picture.
Insert into and turn which also turns the wheel on the bottom.

This is a 2009 headlight which is the same as yours.

[attachment=21159:IMAG0010.jpg]
This is the up down adjustment. What about a left and right adjustment for the 2010 Sonata GLS?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts