Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Hyundai I20 for 3 months now and on the whole I have been very pleased.
However there are some minor niggles that should be addressed by the manufacturers.

1. There is no rear window washer, a must when the car is used on a rainy motorway.
2. There is only one rear fog light, I consider it dangerous, the rear running lights and brake lights are legally required to be in a pair and I cannot understand why the law does not require the rear fog lamps to be in twos.
3. There is only one reversing light and this is on the nearside of the vehicle, about as useful as a chocolate teapot on a right-hand drive car.

What do other I20 drivers think?

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
the single rear fog and reverse light is now very common on a large variety of vehicles (it saves production costs) for example there is here in the workshop a 6 month old £35,000 Audi A3 with the same set up. keep your eyes peeled when you are driving around and you will see what l mean.....................the rear wash, l agree with you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seems as though Hyundai have done cost cutting. My 2010 Classic has a rear screen washer, 2 reversing lights and 2 rear fog lights!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Rear screen washer

Hi

Are you sure yours does not have a rear screen washer as mine is also a 2013 i20 1.4 and it does have a rear screen washer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2010 1.2 Comfort, fitted with a rear wash...it should be tucked up by the rear highlevel brake light, part of the fitment. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rear screen washer.

Hi all, I have a 2010 1.2 Comfort, fitted with a rear wash...it should be tucked up by the rear highlevel brake light, part of the fitment. :)
No, my Active model is definitely not fitted with a rear screen wash, although the control is on the wiper control stalk and it is mentioned in the instruction book. The high level brake light is flush with the body and abuts the rear screen glass. As HughA stated earlier, all these items were on the Comfort but have been downgraded by Hyundai who have been sneakily cutting costs on the spec.

Black mark, Hyundai.:mad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gordoncragg. The rear wash jet is actually part of the high level brake light, at the right end. It is difficult to see unless you really look for it. Have you actually tried turning the control on the wiper stalk? Turning one way turns on the wiper, turning the other way operates the washer. I can't believe they would fit the control if there was no rear washer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gordoncragg. The rear wash jet is actually part of the high level brake light, at the right end. It is difficult to see unless you really look for it. Have you actually tried turning the control on the wiper stalk? Turning one way turns on the wiper, turning the other way operates the washer. I can't believe they would fit the control if there was no rear washer.
Sorry, got that wrong. Turn the control to turn on the wiper, turn further against spring to operate washer.

·
22,793 Posts
Not overly familiar with the i20. All of the rear images I have seen reveal a rear wiper attached. If it has the wiper, it stands to reason there is a rear screen spray washer, yes? Or, is this an option that is model specific within the i20 family?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a plonker, "should have gone to specsavers".
That's me, not you HughA!

After a really close search I have found the outlet for the screen wash built into the high level brake light. No wonder I didn't see it at first look.
Another look at the control stalk showed I had been operating it the wrong way!!!

Sorry Hyundai, I take back your black mark, however I still miss having two reversing lights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts