Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I took my Tucson 2014 - Model L (yep the cheapest model) to the dealer for its first service since I bought it 18 months ago.

I have been doing the oil changes myself but figured once every 12/18 months I'd take it for an inspection. The report came back that everything is normal.

However, I was adding some wiper fluid this morning and I felt that there was something different in the engine compartment. It seemed more 'exposed' and when I took a look at some photos on the net like this one - (I just joined the forum so can't post links yet but if you google "tucson engine compartment" the first image returned shows what I'm missing.)

I realized that I don't have the plastic cover that says 'DOHC 16V' like we see in the photo. I see mount points that look like a cover should be sitting there - but no cover.

I called the dealer and they said that the Tucson L does not have an engine cover. I find that hard to believe. Why would Hyundai cut on costs for an L model for something that is aesthetic but only under the hood.

Can anyone confirm that the Model L really does not come with an engine cover?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Your dealer is telling you the truth, I've seen quite a few 2013 without that cover.

Hi All

I took my Tucson 2014 - Model L (yep the cheapest model) to the dealer for its first service since I bought it 18 months ago.

I have been doing the oil changes myself but figured once every 12/18 months I'd take it for an inspection. The report came back that everything is normal.

However, I was adding some wiper fluid this morning and I felt that there was something different in the engine compartment. It seemed more 'exposed' and when I took a look at some photos on the net like this one - (I just joined the forum so can't post links yet but if you google "tucson engine compartment" the first image returned shows what I'm missing.)

I realized that I don't have the plastic cover that says 'DOHC 16V' like we see in the photo. I see mount points that look like a cover should be sitting there - but no cover.

I called the dealer and they said that the Tucson L does not have an engine cover. I find that hard to believe. Why would Hyundai cut on costs for an L model for something that is aesthetic but only under the hood.

Can anyone confirm that the Model L really does not come with an engine cover?

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
No biggie

My Tucson Limited engine had a cover and I removed it to let more heat disperse. Not actually needed, only for cleaner looks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 13 Premium did not come with this cover but dealer said it could be purchased as an option. How cheap will they get?

·
Registered
98 Posts
My 11 limited didn't come with one either, I dont mind it either. I think it looks awesome without it. :3

·
Registered
2 Posts
We Just purchased a new 2014 Elantra and the engine cover on the underside of the hood is not there. We have never owned a car without one, so we called the dealer to inquire and they said they would check with the manufacturer, but naturally they never called us back. So we decided to check some Hyundai forums. Why does the underside of the trunk have a cover but not the underside of the engine? Seems backwards to me. Think I'll go down to the dealer and check under the hoods of other Elantras to see if they have covers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts