Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Veloster Turbo with a manual transmission and 62,000 miles. It works fine up to about half throttle. If I accelerate too much, it stumbles or misses. I get a P0303 DTC, which means missing in cylinder #3. I had a similar problem in another car and I fixed it by changing spark plugs. I changed the spark plugs and it did not help. I added "fuel injector cleaner" to the tank. So far it has not helped. When I changed the plugs, I swapped the #3 and #4 coils. The P0303 (not P0304) code came back. Sometimes I get P0301 and P0300, but usually it is P0303.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It has gotten worse. I took it out on the highway. I usually only do city driving. I did some hard acceleration and now it is missing all the time. I used CRC throttle body and intake valve cleaner. I used the whole can per the directions. It didn't help.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
You may have a bad electrical connection with the coil No3. Check the terminals fir condition and cleanliness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check that. But it does not explain the progression to other cylinders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleaned the terminals. I also pulled the plugs and checked the gaps. They were way off. It is now running good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts