Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had misfire code PO302 (cylinder 2) show up at 50,000 miles. Dealership could not find anything wrong. I questioned warranty and was assured would be covered if issue persisted. I have since had PO301 and PO303 misfire. Dealership had me pay for coil wires that were bad on cylinders 1 and 3. Spark plugs were fried and replaced at 70,000 miles (my cost). Dealership also cleaned fuel injectors which I paid for. Misfire code PO302 showed up again at 80,000 miles. Care runs ruff on startup and lunges with a/c on at startup. Any ammunition I can take to dealership would be appreciated. Covered under 10yr 100,000 mile warrenty. Original owner.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm not understanding why all diagnosis and repair for misfire codes are not covered under the powertrain warranty. Perhaps sbr711 or another tech can confirm if that should be covered under warranty, or would not be. In any case, this outfit sounds like first class part-hangers.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I had misfire code PO302 (cylinder 2) show up at 50,000 miles. Dealership could not find anything wrong. I questioned warranty and was assured would be covered if issue persisted. I have since had PO301 and PO303 misfire. Dealership had me pay for coil wires that were bad on cylinders 1 and 3. Spark plugs were fried and replaced at 70,000 miles (my cost). Dealership also cleaned fuel injectors which I paid for. Misfire code PO302 showed up again at 80,000 miles. Care runs ruff on startup and lunges with a/c on at startup. Any ammunition I can take to dealership would be appreciated. Covered under 10yr 100,000 mile warrenty. Original owner.
You are getting screwed by this dealership. Did they ask you if you wanted to have a fuel system clean? Did they tell you that you would have to pay for this and all other stuff they did?
They should have scoped the ignition coils at the first visit.
I don't know what to say except go to a different dealership but if it were my family here I would go have a serious talk with them and have my lawyer nephew with me to let them know you want your money back and FIX THE CAR. @sbr711 what say you?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Compression test and cylinder leakdown test

Had 1 with burnt exhaust valve that got passed around shop and I finally got stuck with.. 1st tech had ot for something, then just put valve in it.. comes back down road with cylinder leakage / low compression,, told the the head is going to machine shop like it should have in the 1st place to have seat cut and valve matched to seat

No coil wires on UD/MD,, just coil sticks..

Injector thing only flushed your wallet of $$

1.8 also like to coke the oil control rings as primary, and will coke the compression rings too if bad enough,, put plenty of pistons - ring - short blocks for scored cylinder walls

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealership(s) are always there to be a winner all the time and make us losers .
we need to argue , fight , no matter what - they keep diagnosing pretending they dont know the problem in order
for us to shell-out more money to pay them.
once they figure it out that our warranty is over then they will reveal the right problem "aahh.... we need to change your motor" which should be done when we are still under warranty.

my thoughts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
isnt misfire covered under emissions? getting old, so memory is not as keen as it used to be, but emissions used to be 8/80. even plugs used to be covered.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Compression test and cylinder leakdown test

Had 1 with burnt exhaust valve that got passed around shop and I finally got stuck with.. 1st tech had ot for something, then just put valve in it.. comes back down road with cylinder leakage / low compression,, told the the head is going to machine shop like it should have in the 1st place to have seat cut and valve matched to seat

No coil wires on UD/MD,, just coil sticks..

Injector thing only flushed your wallet of $$

:laugh:How true...

1.8 also like to coke the oil control rings as primary, and will coke the compression rings too if bad enough,, put plenty of pistons - ring - short blocks for scored cylinder walls

1 - 7 of 7 Posts