Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 hyudai accent 1.6 litre DOHC gs and i have had issues with my engine for quite sometime. The problem is getting progressivly worse every day no matter what i seem to do. Any Answers or Theories?
Problem:
Car sputters and acts like it wants to accelerate but is very choppy in doing so, as i try to accelerate, the rpms drop roughly 2k rpms for about 3 seconds or so then go back up to where they are supposed to be, and then repeats the process over and over again. Sometimes it will go away, some days it wont do it at all, and it doesnt do it in a perticular weather condition or rpm condition, it does it randomly. In spite of all this, after it has its hiccups, often the car will get stuck in one gear. Funny thing is, when i manually shift gears from L 2 D, it will only drive in either L or 4th gear completely bypassing 2, 3, and overdrive even though overdrive is on. Something strange about this car is that it has run like this for SEVERAL months, but not once has it died(until today wich i assume the problem must be really bad now) it has never eatin any oil, and has started up EVERY time on a dime.
Things replaced:
Everything external to the engine you can really think of (small parts wise) including Ignition coil, plugs, plug wires, Idle air control valve, mass airflow sensor, throttle position sensor, o2 sensor, and exhaust hoses.
Internal including fuel enjectors taken to Injector doctor, cleaned and all checked out supposedly, compression test came back fine( or so i was told by a mechanic anyway)

MY CAR IS A MYSTERY AND NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE WRONG
ANY theories or possible answers or even further questions would be greatly appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts