Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions I'd like your guys' input on.

1) Do you guys keep all-weather rubber mats in your Sonata all year? Which look do you prefer, carpet, or rubber?

2) Do you guys have mudguards? What is the best feature of the mudguards, the protection from mud/salt, or rocks etc?

3) Has anyone noticed (with the SE) that your rims got bent easier due to less sidewall on the tires?

4) Has anybody had a remote starter installed after-market? Do you think it would risk any of the electronics of the car (i.e. push button start, or proximity key unlock)?

If you have any input on 1 or all, I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (Inquisitive @ Dec 16 2010, 12:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=380455

1) Do you guys keep all-weather rubber mats in your Sonata all year? Which look do you prefer, carpet, or rubber?

2) Do you guys have mudguards? What is the best feature of the mudguards, the protection from mud/salt, or rocks etc?

3) Has anyone noticed (with the SE) that your rims got bent easier due to less sidewall on the tires?

4) Has anybody had a remote starter installed after-market? Do you think it would risk any of the electronics of the car (i.e. push button start, or proximity key unlock)?

Yes I leave my all weather mats all the time unless were going out to a special event like a wedding or something and I have dress shoes on.

The advantage of mud guard is so your tire don't trac mud or dirt from the road onto the sides of the vehicle (mainly down near the lower portions of the car)

Haven't had an issue with this. But I would assume with any low profile rim / tire combination your will be more prone to bending a rim.

I always had remote starts in all of my vehicles and I have never had any problem. I have been an automotive technician for 20 years. I have been around when just having a remote alarm was the hot thing and you paid 700 bucks for it. I can honestly say 99.9% of the time damage occurs in an electrical system due to an add on devise it is just about always due to the way it was installed. Go to a reputable shop and you should have no problems, cheaper is not always better.

·
Registered
87 Posts
QUOTE (Inquisitive @ Dec 16 2010, 01:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=380455

1-I have Weathertech digital fit floor liners in mine and will leave them there year round.

2-I purchased my mudguards on E-bay ( cheaper than the dealer) and they do as Joeeey say's

3-I do not have the SE mine is White Pearl Limited /w Nav

4-I have the Viper 5902 installed with the push button start and have no issues what so ever

·
1,914 Posts
1. I have always used all weather mats all year round. It just looks better and if you go to sell it, it looks that much better. I bought the Hyundai all weather mats and hate them. I just ordered the weathertech mats.

2. Mudguards are put on every car I buy as well. The Sonata mudguards don't protect as well as I'd like, but they do a decent job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts