Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my 2017 LU, it did this. I forgot what I did to stop it. It was fine for months. Then all of a sudden a month ago, it started doing it again and did so for a week and a half. Then stopped.

I have checked everywhere and don't see an option to turn this off. What is causing it to do this, how do I turn it off and why is it random?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
When I first got my 2017 LU, it did this. I forgot what I did to stop it. It was fine for months. Then all of a sudden a month ago, it started doing it again and did so for a week and a half. Then stopped.

I have checked everywhere and don't see an option to turn this off. What is causing it to do this, how do I turn it off and why is it random?
I think it may have to do with the position of the switch that controls which side of the mirror you can adjust. Left Neutral Right
Try it in different positons.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I think it may have to do with the position of the switch that controls which side of the mirror you can adjust. Left Neutral Right

Try it in different positons.

^^ This, leave it in neutral and the mirror won't tilt down at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ya eventually I figured this out on my '16...only works when the mirror switch is left in either the left or right positions...if left in the middle, the mirrors stay put. As for why, it's so you can see better when backing into whatever...I use it every day and think it's great. My wife finds it distracting.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Ya eventually I figured this out on my '16...only works when the mirror switch is left in either the left or right positions...if left in the middle, the mirrors stay put. As for why, it's so you can see better when backing into whatever...I use it every day and think it's great. My wife finds it distracting.
Wish my Scion had had it when I backed over that bicycle that WASN'T THERE WHEN I PARKED IT!!! :mad:

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
I noticed when I took my car in for an oil change to the dealership they switched it back on.
They don't want to run over the guy laying under the car in the next bay. ;)

Reactions: DropStars

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
776 Posts
I can see it being useful, but if your vehicle has the surround view monitor, then I find it redundant, IMO. Can't be looking to the center console and the side mirror at the same time. I turned mine off (the tilt mirror function).

although I'm sure I'll eventually run over something that'll make me wish I'd had it on (but then I'd have to use it--haha)

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,924 Posts
I believe it there so you do not hit the curb when parking.
What he said....the mirror tilts down so you can see how close your rear alloy wheel is to being scuffed on the kerb when your parallel parking. Or that's the idea behind it anyway.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Surround view....Be sure to check your owner's manual. Some models have blind spots even though they appear to see 100% on the monitor........

·
Registered
10 Posts
That was bugging me too until I was told it only does that if the mirror selector is in the Left or Right position. If it's in the center position it no longer does it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What a brilliant idea. I wish my 2017 Tucson had it and my wife's 2018 i20 GO. I have to tilt mine manually to see the kerb when I reverse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts