Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experience a whistle coming from the drivers side mirror at highway speeds? Mine seems to be getting louder. If I reach my hand out and shield the area where the mirror assembly hinges, it will stop. I have an appointment with the dealer in 2 weeks. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes, i posted my fix for it a fews months back. Its air going between the 2 parts o f the mirror where it rotates to fold in. I used a rubber glove to slide in there..anything to block the air. Hard to believe this wasn't noticed during Hyundai testing.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think the number of vehicles with this problem is relatively few. I have never noticed it in my 2017.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I brought it into the dealer today for the whistle. They just informed me that they “can’t reproduce the problem” lol. Umm... it’s super loud. Guess it’s time to go in and throw a fit. Can someone post a link to the rubber glove fix?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Can someone post a link to the rubber glove fix?
I posted about the rubber glove fix but can't seem to find my own post, strange...
Anyway, I used a thin black rubber glove, like the kind you use to change oil to keep your hands clean. I folded the mirror in and slid the glove in the crack between the top & bottom parts of the mirror, then folder back into place. Just try and keep the glove in place so it fills the gap between the mirrors. Trim off excess hanging out. You could also use electrical tape to block the crack and see how that works first. After a couple car washed, my glove has shifted and guessing dried out during the summer heat because I get a small whistle now. I'm trying to think of something else to use that won't hold moisture & freeze this winter, or just roll with it whistling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts