Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ill be ****...It looks like Shark Racing has come with the turn signal set. I dont care about the motor but I would take this...May scoop these up..

Shark Racing

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
IIRC, for those of us that do not have existing blinkers and have to change out the mirror cover, these have different mount points for the motor assembly and will not work. Basically, these are the KDM mirror covers and those mirrors have the power folding feature where ours do not.

IF these can be retrofitted to our GLS/SE models without changing the mirror, that would be nice. While the powerfold mirror is a slick mod, the amount of wiring work to get it done may put some off.

James let us know what Shark says back

·
Registered
699 Posts
I don't think the mirrors referred to here are the folding mirrors. No motor for fold. These mirrors are nice for the money and include signal LEDs, (amber and white), motor for up/down, and puddle lamp but no fold function.

During the folding mirror project the people with SE's or GLS's had to run additional wires for the signal lights as the autos do not have factory wiring for blinkers.

I believe the mounting is the same for all the Sonatas, USA and overseas.

Bob

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IIRC, for those of us that do not have existing blinkers and have to change out the mirror cover, these have different mount points for the motor assembly and will not work. Basically, these are the KDM mirror covers and those mirrors have the power folding feature where ours do not.

IF these can be retrofitted to our GLS/SE models without changing the mirror, that would be nice. While the powerfold mirror is a slick mod, the amount of wiring work to get it done may put some off.

James let us know what Shark says back
I dont want the motor, this seems like its just the led turn signals and the puddle light....that what I really want in all honesty... I will know once he responds....which I hope is soon...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the response...sorry for the attachment but I'm being lazy...I also inquires about the brilliant led tail lights seeing I wan them sooo bad lol

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
I've seen those turn signal pieces before. In person they look kind of tacky/fake, but to each their own.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
James---see if you can get some more specifics from SharkRacing re the install.

Also, I would be interested in this if there was an option to get them without paint (just primered). Every time I look at doing a mirror mod (this or the power fold) I just can't bring myself to put black mirrors on my red car.

Also will these have the puddle lights in the bottom?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
James---see if you can get some more specifics from SharkRacing re the install.

Also, I would be interested in this if there was an option to get them without paint (just primered). Every time I look at doing a mirror mod (this or the power fold) I just can't bring myself to put black mirrors on my red car.

Also will these have the puddle lights in the bottom?
From what he stated, these will have the OEM colors but I know they are different overseas. And from the description, yes it will have puddle lamps. You have to rewire them to the front of the car per shark racing...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts