Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 has some minor rust developing on the seam above the rear view camera where it is not painted very well...........just fyi you may want to check
Cheers p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seen that on my 16 as well. One small spot on the vertical portion of the trunk lid on drivers side near the logo, above the camera along a seem where there are visible spot welds, and even some on the under side of the trunk lid in/around the trunk seal contact points. Seems the trunk lids don't get much paint love from Hyundai. My dealer looked and I got told not covered as i'm at 2 year mark (outside 1 yr/12k) and it's not inside to out rust to fall under that portion of the warranty.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,598 Posts
7 year unlimited miles "perforation warranty" for any rust but it has to be a hole through the panel, not surface rust

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just came back from the dealer....they took pics and sent me an auto body shop for an estimate (they said the seam was not painted and sealed properly) that they we send away to Hyundai for warranty approval (or not)........fyi pjh

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7 year unlimited miles "perforation warranty" for any rust but it has to be a hole through the panel, not surface rust
You are correct however this seam according to the body man was not finished properly......however I am not holding out to much hope for warranty...too bad crappy quality for a 3 yr old / 21,000 km car....cheers p

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,598 Posts
You are correct however this seam according to the body man was not finished properly......however I am not holding out to much hope for warranty...too bad crappy quality for a 3 yr old / 21,000 km car....cheers p
Good Luck! I hope they cover it. Seems like if it was from a manufacturing fault they should...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Luck! I hope they cover it. Seems like if it was from a manufacturing fault they should...
Thanks...If turned down I will try to go to the nxt level....won't give up easy...then if no luck I will tackle myself with, rust remover, touch up paint and rust check.....Cheers p >:D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well got a call back nxt day and surface rust is only covered for 3 yrs ( I am 3 yrs 3 month).....that said they are going to fix under their "good will" policy........thanks Hyundai!!
Just fyi / cheers p

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Great to hear that they are going to cover the repairs.

Every time I wash my car I use compressed air and I blow out all the nooks and crannies everywhere.
You would not believe the amount of water that comes out from the seam where the deck lid cover and the deck lid frame meet.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back from the painters.....great job.....thanks to Hyundai customer service for covering out of warranty! Cheers p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Guys, could you please make a pic of that place? I believe that will be useful for our community

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys, could you please make a pic of that place? I believe that will be useful for our community

Sorry right now I have no way of posting pics....simple just open the trunk and look at the seam that runs along the back of the rear view camera and by the plate lights.....Cheers p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry right now I have no way of posting pics....simple just open the trunk and look at the seam that runs along the back of the rear view camera and by the plate lights.....Cheers p
Oh, I see. Just checked there, looks fine. Thank you man

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well got a call back nxt day and surface rust is only covered for 3 yrs ( I am 3 yrs 3 month).....that said they are going to fix under their "good will" policy........thanks Hyundai!!
Just fyi / cheers p

Good to hear that Hyundai is standing up to the plate For You.! :thumbsup:

any kind of Surface Rust on a 3 Year old Vehicle is totally unexeptable by any means.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts