Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Certified '12 GLS a couple of weeks ago and I am really liking the car. I am bringing it in for a scheduled 15k service on Friday and I have a couple of issues I plan on asking them to check out.
1. It idles a little rough at lights - not anything crazy, just a little vibration.
2. The steering wheel is slightly off center.
3. Left rear door speaker is blown.

I have bought and owned a few cars in my time and I know these are minor issues that the dealer will address. I am just curious to know what kind of minor issues like this people have had with their Elantras.
Thanks -Frank

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I bought a Certified '12 GLS a couple of weeks ago and I am really liking the car. I am bringing it in for a scheduled 15k service on Friday and I have a couple of issues I plan on asking them to check out.
1. It idles a little rough at lights - not anything crazy, just a little vibration.
2. The steering wheel is slightly off center.
3. Left rear door speaker is blown.

I have bought and owned a few cars in my time and I know these are minor issues that the dealer will address. I am just curious to know what kind of minor issues like this people have had with their Elantras.
Thanks -Frank
The minor rough idle is normal, and that's what they will probably tell you. The steering might just be alignment. The speaker, they may or may not replace, I forget what the warranty is on that. I'm sure someone will chime in.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I believe speaker would fall under electrical which I believe is 3 years 36,000 miles unless you bought the extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Steering wheel is definitely alignment, well it does not mean that alignment is off, just that the steering wheel was not centered during the last alignment. Minor issue to cure but the will have to go through the whole alignment process

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, none of these issues really bug me a whole lot. I was just curious to see what is common etc. I love the car and I plan on driving it for a good long time!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
All issues were addressed by my dealer. I left it Friday night since I went to the Rays game which turned out to be a super freaky 8.5 hours 18 INNING GAME...holy cow lol!! It did need an alignment which they did no-charge and it definitely rides nicer now. The idle thing they said is a known issue and they are waiting on a software update from Hyundai. He said by next oil change they should have a fix. They swapped out my center console for a new one since the one that was in there had a gouge in the top of it. Really great service from Hyundai Used Cars of New Port Richey FL. This is the third car I have bought from these guys and they treat us very well. Highly recommended if you are in the Tampa Bay area.

·
22,788 Posts
Good for the dealer! Did you mention the speaker?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
It did need an alignment which they did no-charge and it definitely rides nicer now.
Alignment was supposed to be done with the Certified Used Car Inspection me thinks, refer to the checklist.. We automatically align ours anyway.

The idle thing they said is a known issue and they are waiting on a software update from Hyundai.
Ummmm,,, ok........ That's a new one.. software for mechanical harmonic vibration,, raise the idle 50rpm,, smooths out,, problem with that is icreased engine speed is more for somebody to have to hold back,, next concern be customer states car walks away at idle. Same effect with single cylinder lawn mower, feel the beat at idle, and smooths out with engine speed increase

He said by next oil change they should have a fix.
Somebody telling you stories I think.

They swapped out my center console for a new one since the one that was in there had a gouge in the top of it.
That should have been finished before car put on lot for sale,, if they had it there, they likely ordered it for replacement and car got sold before install??

Really great service from Hyundai Used Cars of New Port Richey FL. This is the third car I have bought from these guys and they treat us very well. Highly recommended if you are in the Tampa Bay area.
"Hyundai Used Cars of New Port Richey FL." -->They in Commercial Way (19) ??

I was in the area the week of Christmas 2012 and ate at the Red Lobster and the Cracker Barrel across the street (Spring Hill ??)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts