Hyundai Forums banner

mini cooper

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Johns2.0T 
#1 ·
friend is selling his 2009 mini cooper other than being small any problems with them anyone no..?

#2 ·
Small???? They are massive compared to the original nearly as big as some SUVs on the roads these days. It's a travesty to call them Minis. Anyway I have no idea whether they are built the same as the originals but the sub frames used to rust away as did the tiny tiny boot on the originals. Oh sorry trunk.

#3 ·
I would never buy one soory.. i heard the cylinder head is a huge issue on them after doing some digging i found that they bolt the cylinder head down on the engine mounts as shown below. lol? poor design for sure with all the torque streching on the cylinder bolt threads pretty dumb engineering on there half. other thing is all the plastic parts you see on there they get old and britel & end up cracking & leaking. its not just mini there are others designs like subaru & there poor head gasket

design that leak. seen a toyota corrolla where the starter motor was located in-behind the manifold exposed to all the heat coming off it. dah.! best one.! i seen was a starter motor inside the intake manifold of a cadillac.! that's your manufactures engineering expertise working at its best. i shake my head at them and wonder why?... :rolleyes:

#10 ·
I feel they have a very rough suspension...kind of go-cart like.

Reactions: Johns2.0T
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.