Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to post this here in hopes of a response as the general forums seem pretty dead.

I do have the official Hyundai sheet from the dealer about documentation that you need to provide to get the military discount. However to me it is not clear.

This is my situation. I was in the National Guard for 7 years. I am not currently in the Guard. It was a long time ago. As you understand the discount do I qualify? I am not sure what their definition of veteran is. I don't qualify for any benefits from the VA or military.

I have a DD214 but it is only for the time that I was in basic and AIT. In addition I have a discharge notice from the Guard.

Thanks

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your DD214 will work for Hyundai discount. :smile:
Thank you. The sales person told me that, but we were just chatting. Not involved in the purchase yet. It says veteran but what does that mean? That is what was confusing to me. Some sites make it sound like you have to be active, retired, or out in the last 12 months. None of those fit me.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
174 Posts
dd214 with discharge type at the bottom is what I took. the longer of the 2 sheets.

been out 20 years and they gave me that discount.

also planned ahead and did the boostup account.
went back to college and just graduated so got that too.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I have used that discount about a half dozen times.

I have also used the special between AllState and Hyundai for another $500. All one needs to do is to listen to the presentation. No purchase is necessary.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have received $1,500 thus far and another one on the way.

There may be a $100 discount for being a Sam’s Club member.

Last purchase showed $4,750 in rebates. And then this is on top of it. Comes from Hyundai, however.

At least the check says Hyundai. They haven’t bounced yet.
Thanks for this. Awesome. Will put an extra $500 down from savings and when I get the check put it back in savings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts