Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this feature obviously calculates based on the window sticker city average, because i go a lot farther than it indicates. i was just wondering when you guys fill your tank, whats the distance/miles remaining on full? mine was always 398 squeezing every drop into the tank. then last time it went to 416. thats a 2/3 gallon difference. is the car learning, or just a fluke?

·
Registered
72 Posts
When I first picked up my car it said 450 till empty. The next time I filled up it was under 400. I just use the trip computer to see how many miles I have actually gone. My miles to empty seems to fluctuate depending on what the avg mpg is reading.

On a side note: If you get under about 30 miles to empty, it changes to dashes (---) and won't show a number anymore. Actually kind of annoying because this is when I want to know the most how many miles I have left. Maybe it just isn't accurate enough.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Mine is right on. Not sure but I believe it changes throughout the tank. If you check right when you fuel up it will be low but after 5-10 minutes recheck and you will notice it has gone up. It should be based of volume of tank and mpg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.