Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many mile have you been about to go on a single tank.? I know your not suppose to run the tank to low but wondering with other have received. I'm at 334 and my 'Miles to empty' just went off which means I have approximately 30 miles left. I'm a little disappointed. Thought I'd get closer to 400. This has been both hwy and city. Actually more highway than I would normally drive.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm getting about the same 335 with about 1.5 gallons left. before i had the first oil change @ dealership it seem like mileage was higher. usually mileage go's up a little after a few thousands mile. next oil change i'm going back to my regular place that does my oil changes. got about 8400 miles on it now.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
So far the best I got was 481 mile with approx 2 gallons left. Car has 26500 on Odo.
As miles increased so has MPG

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went as low as the last bar and it was blinking. And I had 347. I refilled it with about 17.5 gallons and I think our tanks are about 18.5. Mine has about 1100 miles.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow 481 is awesome. I would love at least 400. I'd really like 450. When I refill the tank the miles till empty is around 480.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Miles per tank depend on many factors: city/highway driving, top speed, driving style, how much weight in the car, or how many passengers in it, tire pressure, type of gas, proper maintenance/ service of the car, etc. I drive mostly on highways and keep records of my mileage per tank from day one. The car has a little over 5000 mi. and the most miles per tank I squeezed was 486. It was 90% highway driving with 87 ethanol free gas. I actually wasn't impressed much about it and trying to break 500 mark. I know it can be easily achieved on highway with speed between 55-65mph, but I normally keep my dial on 9+ mph above the speed limit, so no compromise on this. I also run on synthetic oil an have a base model, that 220 lb. lighter then tech package.
p.s. Winter gas (even ethanol free) and weather also reduces mileage.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
I refilled it with about 17.5 gallons and I think our tanks are about 18.5.
Wow! Smaller cars, because they are supposed to get better mpg, have smaller gas tanks. AND to get better mpg, manufacturers give their cars even smaller gas tanks. For people who have gotten less than 20mpg this winter in their Elantras, they are filling up after less than 200miles, with only 12.8gallon tanks.

Chevy Eco Cruze was advertised with only a 12.6gallon tank. So EPA tested their mpg, filling only with 12.6gallons in the tank. However, some Cruze websites & drivers share that.......Eco Cruze has the standard Cruze 15.6 gallon gas tank, only with a sensor to cut the gas fill off at 12.6 gallons. However, with slower filling, Eco Cruze WILL fill all the way to 15.6 gallons.
With summer gasoline & careful feather-footing giving 50+mpg, Eco Cruze travels 750miles between stations!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts