Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
hi could you please tell me what the mpg is on a 2011 i10

Hi, could you please tell me…..

Is it the 1 litre Blue Petrol or the 1.2 litre manual or the 1.2 litre auto.
The driving style of the driver…steady and drives like a nun or drives like a lunatic, or somewhere in between.

How good the driver is at getting the max mpg out of his/her car…level of experience etc.
Where he/she drives it…town, country, motorway, mixed…. etc.
Is it used for short runs, long runs, lots of cold starts or all day at 70mph.
Shell? BP? Tesco?…..everyone has their own views whether it makes a difference.
How old the car is…ie. fully run in or still new.
How many passengers – driver only or five up….and empty or full up with gear/luggage etc.
Presumably no roof rack or bars as that makes a difference too and presumably no binding brakes (as mine were until they fixed them).

And finally…to be honest…. if you take the time to use the search facility on here you’ll see that it’s been the fairly constant subject for discussion, to the n’th degree, for the past four years.

There is no answer. I almost always get 32mpg out of my auto. doing the sort of journeys I do but others report all sorts of mpg doing the sort of journeys they do.

Others may have different experiences which they may wish to share with you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I purchased a 2009 1.2 Classic i10 recently and have just refilled the first complete tank full of petrol I used. I reset the trip meter at the first fill then using miles covered and the second refill quantity of fuel, the fuel consumption calculated was 48mpg. I am very satisfied with that.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'd be chuffed to bits with 48 mpg. Sadly more chance of getting struck by lightning.

Incidentally, the OP, Hawksworth176, hasn't been back.........hope he/she hasn't run out of petrol.

·
Registered
71 Posts
At the risk of repeating myself my experience with my eleven month old i10 Style with 16000 hard miles under its belt is as follows.

Brim to brim calculations since new reveal a consistent ranging between 40 to 45 mpg.
Never anything more or less.

Strangely it doesnt vary outside those figures whether driven gently or thrashed.

My motoring also covers every type of road use. Urban commuting to long motorway journeys.

Well short of false manufacturers figures but thats what it is.

No complaints car has been 100% reliable and trouble free.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ours is nearly 3 1/2 years old now, only done 11k miles but in that time has averaged just under 43mpg. When we bought it new it was averaging 47mpg but has dropped gradually since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts