Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I mentioned this in another post but I thought I would start a new thread. When I fill up my car, the km's until empty always reads about 600km but then I get about 800km out of the tank. My 2008 did the same thing. I reset the computers when I fill up and get the same issue.

Can you post what your miles/km until empty reads the next time you fill up. I am curious to see if anyone has more than 400miles or 700km.

Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just a little while ago I filled up. I had 405 miles and it said 37 miles to empty. All in town miles and puter said 26.5 average.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My SE never displays an accurate estimation of miles until empty. You would think it would take the current average miles per gallon into account when giving the estimate but that has not been the case for me.

Can't remember what it says when I fillup, will check next time and post it up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thinkit has fixed mpg to calculate the distance to empty . so even if you're getting 40mpg, it will still calculated as programmed. (in Canada it shows 600km when full, and will be calculated as apprx. 11.7L/100km, so even if you drove 200km with 11.7L of gas, it will show 500km to empty the tank, if you drove 400km with half the tank it will show 300km left to empty)

make sense to me because if it's not you will see it changing it every few seconds and if you have low in gas, it could be problem.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My 2007 Limited usually reads around 380 after a fill up. However I did notice once after a long trip on the high way and filling up it did read 420 (or 440) miles until empty. I would say about 90% of the time it says 380.

The gas light usually comes on around 35 miles left until empty. I only had my gas that low twice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts