Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles on your sport and how's the reliability so far?

I have almost 90k on it and so far I have the airbag light on. Gotta take it to my mechanic sometime to give it a scan.

·
Registered
86 Posts
31,000 miles. At 500 miles it needed a new fuel pump. The common back seat rattle. Other than that it's been a good car.

·
Registered
389 Posts
51,000 miles and no major issues. There are annoyances (back seat rattle, dashboard rattle when it's below 50F, front seat wiggle) but nothing big.

·
Registered
737 Posts
75 miles and powershade/sunroof won't function. In the shop being looked at, will report back what they say/find.

I ruled out the fuses, I tried the reset procedure in the manual, no go.
If you push the powershade button it just makes a click noise.
If you try the sunroof option, you can hear it move something a smidgen and then it stops (powershade doesn't actually move).

I'm guessing something's stuck/mis-aligned somewhere vs. motor or relay or something, but I don't know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats Salcuta!
37K no issues other than dash rattle in winter, rear seat vibration. Very confident in the vehicle!

·
Registered
50 Posts
20,000kms. Rattle from sun roof (intermittent), buzzing from rear passenger hatch speaker (Infinity system, intermittent). Love it and would rebuy if I had to do it over again. Awesome on the highway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2018 SFS 2.0 turbo, 42,000 km, no issues at all other than a knocking from the rear suspension, having it looked at in a couple weeks during routine service likely a warranty issue on prematurely worn component of the multi-link system. Great car, not any real competitors in this size class in terms of pricing and build quality in my opinion.

·
Registered
153 Posts
2013 SFS 2.0t 225,000 km - no major problem yet, but AWD clutch is starting to stick (knocking sound when turning). That will be my first major repair.
What I consider normal wear : 2x rear bearing recently (always have weight in the trunk from my job tools), link kits, 3x brake pads and disc, battery...
Couple of recall and first year model problem in the first months of ownership, all fixed by dealer.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
2013 2.0T, 68K miles. Dashboard rattle and occasional front suspension grunt noise - both only when cold. I've been to a dealer and another shop, neither could find the cause of the noise in front. Other than those two, doing good!

·
Registered
81 Posts
2018 SFS, 3,085 miles...no problems so far. Hope to get 12,000 more miles before I trade it in for a new 2023.

·
Registered
35 Posts
2013 SFS 2.0t 225,000 km - no major problem yet, but AWD clutch is starting to stick (knocking sound when turning). That will be my first major repair.
What I consider normal wear : 2x rear bearing recently (always have weight in the trunk from my job tools), link kits, 3x brake pads and disc, battery...
Couple of recall and first year model problem in the first months of ownership, all fixed by dealer.
Following. Please report back!! I am look to see how far all ix45 can go!

·
Registered
138 Posts
2014 SFS 2014 116K problem free miles until the engine died----However, it was replaced under the recall "clause" and now I'm at 128,000 miles. Replaced the transfer case (used) and we believe it was damaged when they replaced the engine as AWD stopped working after the engine replacement. Some other items but no real complaints...

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought my 2013 Sant Fe Sport FWD new in Sept/12 and haven't had any problems other than TSBs and recalls performed by the dealer. It currently only has 63,500 miles and I plan to to keep it a few more years. I am using Hyundai oil filters with 5w30 oil at 5000 mile change intervals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought my 2013 SFS 2.0T in January 2014 as a leftover model year 2013. It has 59,500 or so miles now. No complaints as far as squeaks, rattles, or other mechanical problems. I've discovered the material quality is not great. The interior plastics seem to scratch very easily. I've done oil changes every 4K or so and a trans fluid change at 58K miles, but that's about it. Current problem is that the AC doesn't work, but that might just be a refrigerant recharge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
58k km on my 2016 SFS 2.4 AWD, in service since June of 2016. No problems except for the windshield washer fluid pump failed at around 52k km.Good vehicle and my second, but probably last, Santa Fe.

·
Registered
56 Posts
2014 Sport FWD, 68,000 miles. No issues besides recalls up to this point. However, I have scheduled maintenance coming up, and will need the dealer to look at:

Knocking noise when turning
Left steering wheel controls not working
Cold Starting

Hopefully nothing major is discovered.

·
Registered
365 Posts
2014 SFS with 57,000 miles. No issues whatsoever and more or less standard maintenance costs:

• Oil/filter changes every 4k
  • Tire rotations every 6k
  • Recalls (163 - Hood Latch, Bearing noise - dipstick change)
  • 35k - Brake Fluid Flush
  • 39k - New Battery (Change original in 2018)
  • 40k - Rear Lift Gate Shocks (covered under warranty)
  • 50k - ATF Drain/Fill
  • 52k - New Tires
  • 55k - Coolant Drain/Fill - 2019 (Original tested fine but was 5yo)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts