Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

as an average i am getting 20 mpg on my 2014 sonata. Does any one having same problem? and my distance to end display is not changing at all.. it is still showing 370 miles to end for every fillup.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
hi all

as an average i am getting 20 mpg on my 2014 sonata. Does any one having same problem? and my distance to end display is not changing at all.. it is still showing 370 miles to end for every fillup.

Thanks
You definitely should get more than that. I would fill it up a couple more times and see if the range improves. It has a 18.5 gallon tank so should be good for about 450; perhaps 500 miles if driven prudently. Don't top the tank off. When it clicks off remove the nozzle and leave; after paying of course. Try to fill up at the same location and the same level of the pavement.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Turbo or non Turbo? Type of driving....city or highway? How many miles on car?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You definitely should get more than that. I would fill it up a couple more times and see if the range improves. It has a 18.5 gallon tank so should be good for about 450; perhaps 500 miles if driven prudently. Don't top the tank off. When it clicks off remove the nozzle and leave; after paying of course. Try to fill up at the same location and the same level of the pavement.
Thank you very much for your reply.. :) I just reached 1000 miles on my Hyundai sonata 2014. Yeah as you said it has 18.5 gallon tank and should be good for 450 miles at least. But, my dashboard "distance to end" is showing 370 miles to end on every fill. I have filled gas at the same station all times and when it clicks off i am removing nozzle. I took to the dealer for a check up and he drove the car for 10 miles and said it is getting 24.5 - 35. Not sure why..

This time i will fill the tank and go on freeway for 200 miles and see..

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
timtomtim, do you drive I-5 daily in Seattle? I visit there yearly and I completely dread driving that road. Too bad it's the only interstate that snakes around the mountains through downtown.

If you drive this road, I can see why your mileage is lower. Most times I'm on I-5, it's a parking lot. Might as well be in L.A.

My sister-in-law drives a Toyota Prius in Seattle, specifically because you almost never see north of 30mph, and her Prius spends 60% of its time in electric mode.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
timtomtim, do you drive I-5 daily in Seattle? I visit there yearly and I completely dread driving that road. Too bad it's the only interstate that snakes around the mountains through downtown.

If you drive this road, I can see why your mileage is lower. Most times I'm on I-5, it's a parking lot. Might as well be in L.A.

My sister-in-law drives a Toyota Prius in Seattle, specifically because you almost never see north of 30mph, and her Prius spends 60% of its time in electric mode.
I never went on to I-5 on my Hyundai 2014 sonata. I usually drive on I-90 and i never noticed my speed dropped to 55 MPH on freeway while on Cruise and that too i drive on ECO mode. Some how the day i bought a car from dealer the dash board record says 370 miles to end. I have asked him why it is showing like that? He said it will improve more.. But not yet improved. This week i am planning to go for long drive which on freeway where traffic is less. At that time i will reset the guage button and see how much it will give the gas. Thanks for all of your time that you have put on this. Appreciated!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts