Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a bunch of threads on recall but couldn't find much info on specific question.
What is the highest mileage at replacement anyone is aware of?
I have a 2011 2.4 with 245k, goes thru a qt of oil every 5/6 hundred miles.
About to have dealer do oil consumption test and recall work.
2nd owner, regular oil changes every 3 to 4 k miles. regular oil.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
From my inadequate memory is was something like 215k...I hope to get to your mileage, with luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m at 157k mines at the dealer now for engine knock. They called me this evening and told me engine seized during sound test. They are now pulling engine apart to see if it qualifies for engine recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes sorry! They called me today and I’m getting a new engine. They seized mine doing the sound test. Tore engine down sent in pictures and they are covering it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can’t say enough good things about Hyundai. They may have had some problems but they are standing behind them 110 percent.

·
Registered
130 Posts
What I want to know is, what improvements were made to the remanufactured engines, to reduce the likelihood of oil starvation? I'd like to know what's different with my reman 2.0T motor vs the original 2011 2.0T. Did they change the piston rings, pistons, connecting rods, etc.?

I'd also like to know what improvements Hyundai/Kia made during the later model years, after they were "aware" of the problems. I have a '17 Kia Sorento with the 2.4 4cyl, and I am wondering how well that one will last. Hopefully, my Kia dealer will be as easy to deal with as my Hyundai dealer was.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I have a '17 Kia Sorento with the 2.4 4cyl, and I am wondering how well that one will last. Hopefully, my Kia dealer will be as easy to deal with as my Hyundai dealer was.
Kia owners that report back here say they have been treated better than Hyundai...their warranty is more bulletproof. As far as design improvement, I only remember someone stating a better oil pump. But the engineers are not saying!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts