Hyundai Forums banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I see..Will definitely try the silicone lube. What a shame that Hyundai isn't able to fix this issue. Its an amazing car but has such an odd/annoying flaw.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I did a bit of googling about pana roofs, and it's not just Hyundai. Seems to happen to luxury cars too.

I see..Will definitely try the silicone lube. What a shame that Hyundai isn't able to fix this issue. Its an amazing car but has such an odd/annoying flaw.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did a bit of googling about pana roofs, and it's not just Hyundai. Seems to happen to luxury cars too.
Ahh I see.. an unfortunate dilemma for panoramic sunroof owners. Haven't had the time to go to a hardware store to pick up the wd-40 silicone spray just yet; but I'll update once I buy and apply it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
what could possibly cause it to explode?
This has happened to other manufacturers as well. Consensus is that heat buildup between the glass and the head lining weakens the glass and causes it to shatter. Expelling the hot air before heading out might alleviate the stresses.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Just know you'll have to reapply later on. I'm glad it's working for you too. You'll get good at it after a few applications.

I'm going to reapply after my next car wash as noticed it is creaking now. Last time I applied was just around Xmas time.

Finally applied the silicone lube and so far the sqeak is gone. Hoping it stays this way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's awesome if it's lasted you for this long. I honestly forgot how good it felt to drive with no over-head squeaking!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i know they had a recall for panoramic sunroof flying off for model years 2015-2016 sonata. Starts with noises then they fly. something about a deflectors bonding failing and obstructing the path of the sunroof. Recall was back in oct. 2016. check with your dealer about the recall.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i know they had a recall for panoramic sunroof flying off for model years 2015-2016 sonata. Starts with noises then they fly. something about a deflectors bonding failing and obstructing the path of the sunroof. Recall was back in oct. 2016. check with your dealer about the recall.
That recall was a simple fix -- super glue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Could someone please post a photo or video of where to apply the lubricant? I'm hoping to do it this weekend. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
221 Posts
My car has developed a creaking noise now. It has gotten worse as it is now getting hotter here in TX. I will have to make an appointment with the dealer, hopefully they can do something. It happens on small bumps and sounds like its rubbing against something. My noise isn't a rattle its a creak, but it looks like its coming from one side of the car. Maybe the seal is broken on one side (hoping something simple), but I'll update on what the dealer does.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
105 Posts
Well my 2015 Sonata just had the seals replaced with an updated part. I'm going to pick it up later today I will report back.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
105 Posts
Well the roof noise is substantially better like 95% gone completely. The updated part numer that was used is 81619-C1001. I hope this helps some people with getting your noisy roof fixed.

·
Registered
689 Posts
That's great news. But give it a little while to settle in. See how it bears weather changes

Well the roof noise is substantially better like 95% gone completely. The updated part numer that was used is 81619-C1001. I hope this helps some people with getting your noisy roof fixed.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
That's great news. But give it a little while to settle in. See how it bears weather changes

Mine is still whisper quiet, gone through Fall, Winter, and a very up/down Spring. When it does occasionally decide to creak, typically only when it's been closed and the car sitting for a few days, all it takes to fix is a single open/close cycle.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine will be needing the whole roof replaced. The dealer tried everything and that is the only option left. Also my headliner is stained now so not sure how their gonna fix that. Not sure how to feel which sucks because at one point in time the sunroof never made any noise and now the entire roof is being replaced.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts