Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
65,556 miles

Just left the dealer after having the oil changed and while sitting in traffic the MIL came on. I was able to get it scanned at Autozone as the dealer was closing and it would have taken me another 45 minutes to get back.

P0507 was the only code active and stored.

Anyone have this code thrown before?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Was it actually idling higher?

Time for a trip back to the dealer unfortunately.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Might need to clean your throttle body, and check the vacuum lines for leaks. Let the dealer take car of it, it's their problem.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might need to clean your throttle body, and check the vacuum lines for leaks. Let the dealer take car of it, it's their problem.
How is it "their problem"? The car has 65,000 miles on it---it's clearly my problem. 10/100 doesn't cover problems like this.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was it actually idling higher?

Time for a trip back to the dealer unfortunately.
Idle is good. I checked all the vacuum lines to make sure they're tight, tapped on a few sensors and had my friend reset the code. It drove fine to work and to lunch. We shall see during the commute home, I'll probably take the hose off the throttle body this weekend and clean that area out if needed.

·
Registered
846 Posts
How is it "their problem"? The car has 65,000 miles on it---it's clearly my problem. 10/100 doesn't cover problems like this.
It all depends on what the exact problem is.

There's a Federal 8 year 100k mile emissions warranty required by law. It covers things like the Idle Air Control Valve(IAC), PCV breather, and the EGR.

In california there's a 7 year, 70k mile state emission warranty that also covers the "air induction system" which includes the intake manifold, so I would assume it covers the throttle body.

Also, did you change your spark plugs at 45k miles?? I think once people start to get to your mileage, it'll be one of the most overlooked things. Though, I don't think it'll cause your problem.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It all depends on what the exact problem is.

There's a Federal 8 year 100k mile emissions warranty required by law. It covers things like the Idle Air Control Valve(IAC), PCV breather, and the EGR.

In california there's a 7 year, 70k mile state emission warranty that also covers the "air induction system" which includes the intake manifold, so I would assume it covers the throttle body.

Also, did you change your spark plugs at 45k miles?? I think once people start to get to your mileage, it'll be one of the most overlooked things. Though, I don't think it'll cause your problem.
Yep, spark plugs replaced at ~48,000 with Denso 3479 (Thank you Rock Auto).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts