Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Guys, I'm new to this site just want to say hi and just purchased a 2016 Sonata SE 2.4 I'm having a problem with the Microphone I guess, Every time I press the command the system won't hear my voice same with phone calls I can hear everything but they can't hear me I have checked everything in settings make sure is not on mute can't seem to find the problem I schedule an appt at the dealer but trying to see if I can fix it my self since they want to charge me $125 just for a diagnosys.

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,757 Posts
How many miles are on your car?

According to the Hyunai Site the 5yr/60,000 warranty is transfered to new owners on the car. It is the 100,000 mi/ 10yr powertrain warranty that is only for the original owner unless it is sold as a CPO car.

So if your 2016 is less than 60,000 miles you should have the 5yr / 60,000 mi warranty and the radio / sound system (microphone) is covered under that part of the warranty for 3yr / 36,000 miles so if you are under that should be covered for the repair

Warranty Details

AMERICA'S BEST WARRANTY

5 Year / 60,000 Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty

All parts covered

The following parts are covered for indicated time/mileage limits:

Radio & Sound System (CD/Cassette Tape Player): 3 Years / 36,000 Miles
Paint: 3 Years / 36,000 Miles
Battery: 3 Years / Unlimited Miles (100% covered 2 Years / Unlimited Miles,
pro-rated to 25% cost of battery and 100% labor cost between Years 2 and 3)
Spark Plugs: 2 Years / 30,000 Miles (4 Years / 60,000 Miles for Sonata)
Air Conditioning Refrigerant Charge: 1 Year / Unlimited Miles
Adjustments: 1 Year / 12,000 Miles
Wear items: 1 Year / 12,000 Miles (i.e. Wiper Blades, Bulbs, Fuses, Filters, Belts, Brake Pads & Linings, Clutch Linings)

10 Year / 100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty (Original Owner)

Coverage applies to Original Owner only effective 2004 model year. On 1999-2003 model years, coverage applies to Original Owner and immediate family members (i.e. wife, husband, daughter, son, stepdaughter, stepson.)

Excludes commercial application vehicles, such as taxi, route delivery, rental, etc.

Second and subsequent owners covered under 5 Year / 60,000 Mile
New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many miles are on your car?

According to the Hyunai Site the 5yr/60,000 warranty is transfered to new owners on the car. It is the 100,000 mi/ 10yr powertrain warranty that is only for the original owner unless it is sold as a CPO car.

So if your 2016 is less than 60,000 miles you should have the 5yr / 60,000 mi warranty and the radio / sound system (microphone) is covered under that part of the warranty for 3yr / 36,000 miles so if you are under that should be covered for the repair

Warranty Details

AMERICA'S BEST WARRANTY

5 Year / 60,000 Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty

All parts covered

The following parts are covered for indicated time/mileage limits:

Radio & Sound System (CD/Cassette Tape Player): 3 Years / 36,000 Miles
Paint: 3 Years / 36,000 Miles
Battery: 3 Years / Unlimited Miles (100% covered 2 Years / Unlimited Miles,
pro-rated to 25% cost of battery and 100% labor cost between Years 2 and 3)
Spark Plugs: 2 Years / 30,000 Miles (4 Years / 60,000 Miles for Sonata)
Air Conditioning Refrigerant Charge: 1 Year / Unlimited Miles
Adjustments: 1 Year / 12,000 Miles
Wear items: 1 Year / 12,000 Miles (i.e. Wiper Blades, Bulbs, Fuses, Filters, Belts, Brake Pads & Linings, Clutch Linings)

10 Year / 100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty (Original Owner)

Coverage applies to Original Owner only effective 2004 model year. On 1999-2003 model years, coverage applies to Original Owner and immediate family members (i.e. wife, husband, daughter, son, stepdaughter, stepson.)

Excludes commercial application vehicles, such as taxi, route delivery, rental, etc.

Second and subsequent owners covered under 5 Year / 60,000 Mile
New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
The vehicle has 40k miles on it so I should be covered by the Factory warranty, nice Thanks a lot for this info :smile:

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,757 Posts
The vehicle has 40k miles on it so I should be covered by the Factory warranty, nice Thanks a lot for this info :smile:

yes the 60,000/5 yr will transfer to you and that also covers the drive train for the 2nd or more owner (instead of the 100,000 mile for the original owner) but in the 5yr / 60,000 mi there are specific items that are limited like the radio is 3yr/36,000 miles so you are 4 ,000 miles past that coverage if they consider a mic or blue tooth problem a radio system. Many dealers will still cover things like this to gain customer loyalty.

I'd go in expecting it to be covered and question why they cant if it comes down to the 4,000 miles difference. Hyundai has historically extended warranty coverage's to maintain customer loyalty and build brand from the old thinking that they were disposable cars.

But in general you still have another 20,000 miles warranty on most of the car. make sure that you have them run the car for any recalls or updates and get that all done while you are there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the 60,000/5 yr will transfer to you and that also covers the drive train for the 2nd or more owner (instead of the 100,000 mile for the original owner) but in the 5yr / 60,000 mi there are specific items that are limited like the radio is 3yr/36,000 miles so you are 4 ,000 miles past that coverage if they consider a mic or blue tooth problem a radio system. Many dealers will still cover things like this to gain customer loyalty.

I'd go in expecting it to be covered and question why they cant if it comes down to the 4,000 miles difference. Hyundai has historically extended warranty coverage's to maintain customer loyalty and build brand from the old thinking that they were disposable cars.

But in general you still have another 20,000 miles warranty on most of the car. make sure that you have them run the car for any recalls or updates and get that all done while you are there.
cool thanks for the info ?

·
Registered
245 Posts

Starting with the 2016 model years the radio/audio system is covered under the 5yr/60k miles. It was 3/36 for prior years.

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/assurance/america-best-warranty.aspx

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

The radio is now covered under 5/60. It started with the 2016 model year. The OP will be covered at 40k.

Pulled from : https://www.hyundaiusa.com/assurance/america-best-warranty.aspx

Hyundai said:
Radio and audio systems (i.e., radio, compact disc player, DVD player, navigation system and Bluetooth®): for MY 15 and prior, 3 years/36,000 miles—Equus: 5 years/60,000 miles

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the info,I took the car to the Dealer on Saturday and the warranty covered everything it was the Mic not connected Dont know why someone will disconnect it unless it came like that from factory. Merry Christmas!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Guys, I'm new to this site just want to say hi and just purchased a 2016 Sonata SE 2.4 I'm having a problem with the Microphone I guess, Every time I press the command the system won't hear my voice same with phone calls I can hear everything but they can't hear me I have checked everything in settings make sure is not on mute can't seem to find the problem I schedule an appt at the dealer but trying to see if I can fix it my self since they want to charge me $125 just for a diagnosys.

Thanks for any input.
I think you just need to buy another microphone. It's not so hard - you can find high quality and cheap microphone without any problem. When I needed one, I asked my friends. One of them recommended to me installer une boucle magnétique - stuff, that you can find on Access Market. I don't think this stuff will help in your case, but you can find there something that will. This is a better option than suffering from broken mic or going from one service center to another. Don't waste your time man.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks guys for the info,I took the car to the Dealer on Saturday and the warranty covered everything it was the Mic not connected Dont know why someone will disconnect it unless it came like that from factory. Merry Christmas!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh... You solved your problem allready. My bad, saw this after wrote last message :D

·
Banned
19 Posts
I think you just need to buy another microphone. It's not so hard - you can find high quality and cheap microphone without any problem. When I needed one, I asked my friends. One of them recommended to me installer une boucle magnétique - stuff, that you can find on Access Market. I don't think this stuff will help in your case, but you can find there something that will. This is a better option than suffering from broken mic or going from one service center to another. Don't waste your time man.
You got the wrong microphone my man! So, you're still using it? What for? Talking to your grandmother?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts