Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,:00000732:
I have had a 2001 Grandeur since 2004 and am very happy with the car. Have had occasional instances of it changing to "get home " mode into 3rd gear. I have had all the usual things done, changed sensors and the Oil and filter, but it still happens on odd occasions.
Would it be OK to add some NULON Gearbox Additive to the transmission Oil, to try to smooth things a bit?
Any help is gratefully received. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you mean it sticks in 3rd gear? Doesn't change automatically neither manually. It moves and runs in same gear until you turn it off for few minutes?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Would it be OK to add some NULON Gearbox Additive
If you got money to waste, sure. I'd rather invest on proper diagnostics.
If the A/T goes to limp home mode there is a reason to it and the car is even able to tell you about it. So why not go from there ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
the only thing that will cause this is the input and the output speed sensor. If its only occassional you may have a loose wire or bad connection. also these cars seem to hate aftermarket sensors, so you should only use the hyundai ones. At least thats the case with my 2001 xg300.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Limp Home mode on 2001 xg Grandeur.

finally found that it was dirty/burned gearbox oil. having towed a couple of heavy loaded trailers. Oil changed and flushed through. new filter added and no further bother.
I have now changed to a 2007 Grandeur TD Limited. and love it
Michael Tubb.

QUOTE=mikeylikesth;2144546]the only thing that will cause this is the input and the output speed sensor. If its only occassional you may have a loose wire or bad connection. also these cars seem to hate aftermarket sensors, so you should only use the hyundai ones. At least thats the case with my 2001 xg300.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cheers. Thats a bloody **** being stuck in 3rd gear. Jolly right glad you fixed it, mate. I would have driven me bodgy car into a figjam's freckle. Dont run over any kangaroos.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fixed -- had gearbox drained and flushed out. Changed filter and refilled. all fixed no problem since. Many thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts