Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! This is my first post here!

I have a little problem, my Elantra 2018 automatic (made in Alabama USA) have a noise an a little "bump" when I stop and suddenly run, so i checked in my local dealer and they said my upper right mount (easily visible when I open open car hood on the passenger side) is broken, they said me it's and hydraulic mount. So, right now here in mexico we have a shortage of this piece(21810-F3300), factory will ressupply dealers in 90 days ... so it's a lot of days, maybe this failure can damage other motor and transmission mounts. I seen others parts in differents online stores and have this part number (21810-F2000).

My question is, if this part number "21810-F2000" fits and its compatible with my car.

My local dealer says me the part number that i need it's "21810-F3300" (consulted via telephone)
The actually motor mount installed in my car (damaged) have this number "21812-f3100"
The part number that i wanna know if fits and its compatible with my car it's "21810-f2000", looks very similar than others.

I was looking for a interchange or compatibility chart for hyundai parts, but I dont found any.

do somebody have experiencie with this motor mount?

thanks!

For reference, this is my VIN XXXXXXXXXXXX.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
You'll probably find through production parts are superceded, improved maybe different supplier. Chances are if it fits it will do the job but surely this has warranty at this age?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll probably find through production parts are superceded, improved maybe different supplier. Chances are if it fits it will do the job but surely this has warranty at this age?
Local dealer said me doesn't have warranty(n)

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Buy any chance does it look like this?

And did that cantilever type arm sticking out break off? Sure looks like a weak spot. A good electro welder can actually make it stronger, sure have a lot on ebay for sale, but will cost you. Typically went your find many parts for sale, failure of the original part is common.

If you are driving in Mexico city and slaming on the gas pedal like everybody else do could be the problem, lots of torque on that engine. Don't know why people in large cities drive that way, traffic is so heavy and still takes a day and a half to go anywhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buy any chance does it look like this?
View attachment 453056

And did that cantilever type arm sticking out break off? Sure looks like a weak spot. A good electro welder can actually make it stronger, sure have a lot on ebay for sale, but will cost you. Typically went your find many parts for sale, failure of the original part is common.

If you are driving in Mexico city and slaming on the gas pedal like everybody else do could be the problem, lots of torque on that engine. Don't know why people in large cities drive that way, traffic is so heavy and still takes a day and a half to go anywhere.
Hello, i mean the plastic mount inside this aluminium body is broken, check this photo, the plastic part inside this motor mount it's down (don't must have this space, where i put my finger), when I accelerate or turn, I can feel a "bump" of the motor. I live in another city called Culiacan, in nort of México, we dont have a lot of problems due traffic like mexico city. Actually my car just have 37000 km, (3.5 years used, low use) but warranty doesn't apply in motor mount after 20000km.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The part your dealer listed is on Ebay here in the USA...
It is also cheaper at this site..
Yes, but I need add 55 usd for shipment and 16% for taxes and add imports duties to mexico, and here my local dealer sells it in 145 usd approx, but now it's unavailable, resupply in 90 days.

now i'm checking differents options to buy this piece.
Thanks for that info

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Used Urethane Punch Press Stripper Material between the die, cut to the same shape as the male die and just slightly longer than the die. When punching pieces of sheet metal, would compress, then decompress when the punch went up again leaving the piece free to be picked up with an electromagnet.

Great stuff, can be machined with standard machining tools, lasts forever. Use this same material for vehicle suspension parts, lasted forever. Please don't tell me Hyundai is using some cheap crape material from recycled junk from China.

It cost a little more than garbage and can be molded in high speeds for production, Perhaps the young engineer kids haven't heard about this stuff. It will never brake, maybe Hyundai could used an experienced engineer.

If not covered by warranty in the USA, will hear from the DOT, no excuse for this.

Ha, use to be pressured by marketing guys to save money, Told them the company should double their wages and make them stay home, least this way won't be doing any damage.

That plastic spool does need a little give for isolation, but not enough to break.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yesterday i received the item part 21810-F2000, and replace by my damaged piece, FITS PERFECT. install this mount is very easy, takes only 45 minutes or less, my car now feels like new again, no vibration and no bumps, steering feels more comfortable.

tips: under the mount, we have a little indicator that inflate when motor mount is damaged. this happens when motor "downs" because hydraulic fluid was leaked. so, the indicator it's like a cavity with air, when motor "downs" (due desalignment) press the cavity and inflates the indicator (like a balloon). in addition, if you see something like oil around the plastic of mount, maybe its because your mount its damaged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hola, puedes intentar pedirlo aquí:

Dice que la entrega es de 5 a 12 días. La página es de una agencia Hyundai en Guadalajara, puede ser que ellos ya tengan la pieza en almacén y no la tienen que encargar.
Que tal amigo, gracias por tu respuesta, acabo de hacer una publicación nueva por si gustas leerla, ya he montado el soporte con el número de parte 21810-F2000 genuino (lo importé) y es exactamente lo mismo. Tomaré en cuenta la página que me compartiste para futuras refacciones genuinas. Este reemplazo lo hice porque no había este soporte a nivel nacional, hablé a 6 u 8 agencias y nadie lo tenía, lo que me apresuraba es que se fueran a dañar los otros dos soportes y quería meter algo que fuera original hyundai-kia.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts