Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying some black coated mesh grill, preferable made of aluminum, to cover all of these openings in front of the bumper and front grill, what would you suggest and where would be better to buy it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
are you doing it for aesthetics or is there that much debris or insects where you live?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both....mostly winter driving....in AB we replace windshields 2 a year in april-may and sept-okt

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Gutter guards from Home Depot. Cut and paint as you like.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just though, if there is a sonar sensor just below the grill and if you add some metal mesh, will it affect a signal or not?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would love to install a protective cover of sorts also to protect the A/C Condensor. The holes in the front grill are large enough for stones to continue to hit the A/C Condensor and cause damage over time. Had to replace in last vehicle at about $2K replacememt. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
On my 2013 santa fe, I used the gutter guard as is (black) on the bottom openings to prevent larger rocks from penetrating, and behind the grill, I used window screen for bugs and small pebbles. The window screen is not taught so it will absorb impact of larger items. To do it properly though, I removed my entire front bumper. Have used nylon window screen successfully for the last several vehicles.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
my ac condenser was recently replaced because of stone damage.
im thinking of redoing all the grills with this stuff:
ALU GITTER RENNGITTER WABENGITTER RACEGITTER 130X30CM SILBER GROB | eBay
ScoobyKids, where can you get this mesh material in the USA? I don't feel like flying over to Germany.
Thanks,
Kip

That is the gutter mesh you can buy at Home Depot or Lowes, probably many other places for a fraction of that cost. It's usually only a few dollars for several pieces. Paint it, or plasti dip and your good to go.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lowes has a grey aluminum mesh for around $10 or so.....

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
found that in europe, planing to get it soon.

Reactions: raluna and jcgarcia

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no i didn't yet, will get it in summer if will have vocation then, price is about 30euros.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got it from my russian friends...

seems to me is great stuff if it has H logo on it....

After tons of reading, want to know your opinion...is it a good idea to install it on Turbo model as it might bring some issues to the engine and lack of power?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just got it from my russian friends...
After tons of reading, want to know your opinion...is it a good idea to install it on Turbo model as it might bring some issues to the engine and lack of power?
Mesh grilles should not hinder airflow, unless it became clogged up with bugs...

Turbo cars can fare better since their intercooler also plays a role in cooling the turbo itself. Don't worry about anything related to power since this wont affect it. imo go for it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts