Hyundai Forums banner

701 - 720 of 737 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
HTML:
My new front grille
Just plasti-dip'ed the other day so that's my pride at the moment :)
It looks great plasti-dipped! How many coats did you put on?

The top row of my grill is black, and then it's all chrome. There's apparently chrome underneath the black row, and part of the finish is chipped revealing chrome. It's driving me crazy, but I'm really trying to avoid using Plasti-Dip. I'm terrible at painting things or using any sort of spray... lol!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks!
I put on 4 coats, taking time to let them set (30~ mins between)

Honestly the painting is the really easy part... it's the prep, taping, and covering to make sure you don't overspray

Plasti-Dip is REALLY forgiving too. First coat, I had runs, but I left it and rolled with it, and it turned out smooth (smooth as rubber paint gets)

I HIGHLY recommend it; I did it before to my Magnum R/T grill and it lasted solid for multiple Canadian winters

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks!
I put on 4 coats, taking time to let them set (30~ mins between)

Honestly the painting is the really easy part... it's the prep, taping, and covering to make sure you don't overspray

Plasti-Dip is REALLY forgiving too. First coat, I had runs, but I left it and rolled with it, and it turned out smooth (smooth as rubber paint gets)

I HIGHLY recommend it; I did it before to my Magnum R/T grill and it lasted solid for multiple Canadian winters
I've used it before. My last vehicle was a '99 Jeep Wrangler and I did the whole grille, mirrors, door handles, etc with Plasti Dip. The problem is the prepping... :laugh:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey everyone first time poster here from Australia. ride is the Santa fe SR diesel 2015 Dm3, ride has now had small mods so far includes all chrome delete with black vinyl wrap (window trim, door handles, side mirrors) taillight tints and blacked out emblems in plastidip.

SOOOOO glad I have seen the "Blacked Out" on white look! Love it!!!

Also... Brembo Brakes???? WTF???

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
That black grill is exactly what I want. Thank you so much for telling me how you did it.
I'm trying to go all Black on my Santa Fe.
Looking forward to seeing your Santa Fe!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just arrived yesterday so no mods yet! Putting on a hood deflector and the OEM splash guards soon! :grin2:
She's gorgeous! Careful with that hood deflector... Someone posted recently that they had paint taken off where the hood deflector was installed. Might want to consider a clear bra. It's basically clear vinyl that's practically invisible and will protect your front end and hood.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Here's another recent of my baby...

·
Registered
19 Posts
She's gorgeous! Careful with that hood deflector... Someone posted recently that they had paint taken off where the hood deflector was installed. Might want to consider a clear bra. It's basically clear vinyl that's practically invisible and will protect your front end and hood.
Thanks for the tip! In the end, I'd already purchased an EGR hood deflector. It was a cinch to put on and included protective film to cover the mounting tabs. In all, it took about 20 minutes from opening the package to taking a drive. Here she is after installing the splash guards and deflector:

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Been Hyundai owner for a some time and picked up a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T in Titanium silver last week. Like it so far, only tinted the windows 35% all around using llumar pinnacle tint film and have a couple more things to complete on the lighting side.

SF is slightly dirty as it has rained when I picked it up last week. What I did notice the Hyundai symbol on the rims are not black but silver. Did not realize they made this change.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Been Hyundai owner for a some time and picked up a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T in Titanium silver last week. Like it so far, only tinted the windows 35% all around using llumar pinnacle tint film and have a couple more things to complete on the lighting side.

SF is slightly dirty as it has rained when I picked it up last week. What I did notice the Hyundai symbol on the rims are not black but silver. Did not realize they made this change.
Ugh. I wish I had been able to find one in that color. That was the color of the first one I test drove, but I found out it was in two accidents. It was a 2013 though.

I love your Santa Fe! Looks great with dark windows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I loved my 2015 Santa Fe sport 2.4 L, especially with those TSW Max 19 x 8.5 wheels.

Thinking to do more mods in the future if I have extra money, maybe brembo brakes front and back next?

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks, yeah I originally wanted platinum graphite, but dealer could not easily locate one so I went with the titanium silver.

Ugh. I wish I had been able to find one in that color. That was the color of the first one I test drove, but I found out it was in two accidents. It was a 2013 though.

I love your Santa Fe! Looks great with dark windows.

·
Registered
361 Posts
April this year. I need to take more pics of my SF

After i put LED on the fogs

i dont think i posted these on this thread
Ill see if i dedicate myself to take some pics of the SF this weekend coming up. I need to giver her a nice clean up and wax before snow shows up>

701 - 720 of 737 Posts